Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Feb 2, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #3,586 of 3,700
yep, for true full tilt dsd non dop you would need usb from your dac, or the i2s hdmi on another dac to utilize the u12. you will not get the resolve of true dsd files via dop, but this may be somewhat moot if all other devices are not resolving..

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #3,587 of 3,700
So you think for U12 not to put out any sound to coaxial output when playing DSD music is normal?

I really just want to make sure my device is working what it supposed to work. If it is not the way it supposed to work, I will have to return it.

Thanks for the advise.

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #3,590 of 3,700
  So you think for U12 not to put out any sound to coaxial output when playing DSD music is normal?

I really just want to make sure my device is working what it supposed to work. If it is not the way it supposed to work, I will have to return it.

Thanks for the advise.

your u12 sounds to be working normal. you will only get dsd through the i2s out from the u12, or the usb in on your dac sans the u12.

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #3,591 of 3,700
I'm selling my modded U12 (linear power)
has crystek 957's
LVDS upgrade to be compatible with i2s for Audio-GD
panasonic caps 25v low esr 3300uF
Dexa NewClassD 5v regulator
needs 7V linear input. 2.5/5.5mm plug (works with dc30w psu)

PM me for super low price, less than a new unit

one catch, NOT a/c powered, and COAX does not work. optical does, aes does, i2s is ideal and best anyhow.

just the mods alone are well over the price of a u12 new.

Feb 2, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #3,593 of 3,700
I plan on hanging the intona at the back of the breeze with it. Should bring some improvement i assume, and improve my WAF by hiding the intona. I won't wait for it to come in, i will go get another one at the electronics store tomorrow.

It was this or a lightspeed 2g. Just read John Darko's review on the 4g. Seems like hearing one is needing one. It's like hearing certain 1000+$ interconnects, bought of couple of those in the past.

Hearing all this raving about the cerious power cable makes me ceriously incomfortable not owning at least one. My excuse for not getting one is i am afraid of nano-particles... Should vanish soon.

4G? There is no 4G - do you mean 10G?  That's a pretty expensive cable - there's one for sale in the classifeds.  The 2G is $199 the 10G $999.  Then again Darko thought the Curious USB (not to be confused with Cerious Tech - different company) - was better then the 10G.  I had a Curious USB for awhile - much preferred the 2G.  My limit is a few hundred for a digital cable these days - there was a time when price was almost no object.

Mine works fine.

Well that is good to hear - I was afraid this was another Melodius episode.

Can somebody please provide Thesycon 3.29?

I have it for the Breeze and it's very good - but can't remember where I got it. PM me.

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #3,594 of 3,700
Anyone try one of these iFi iPower SMPS power supplies?  $49.  http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ipower/

Active Noise Cancellation+®
10x quieter than before
12 Element Output Array
Polarity Inverter Adapter
ipower_05-%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

10XLOGO.png

Capacitance.jpg

DCplug-5.5x2.5-300x107.png

Military radar tech
for audio
1uV of audio noise,
astoundingly quiet
Dynamic noise
suppression circuitry
For ‘centre negative’
The central characteristic of iFi is in pursuit of the zenith in audio performance: it leaves no stone unturned. Well, the all new iPOWER is an exemplary example of this. Despite the fact that the iFi Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter was exceptionally quiet and elevated the iUSB and iPhono to punch way beyond their respective categories, the all new iPower is even quieter, up to 10x quieter in fact.
What is it?
Brand new audiophile-standard DC-power supply:
In 5V, 9V, 12V and even 15V versions.

Measured on the Audio Precision 2, the iPower has an astonishingly low audio band noise floor of just 1uV! To put this into context, iFi’s very own Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter was in a class of its own at 10uV. Compared to a typical audiophile Linear Power Supply which measured at 20uV, it is demonstrably clear AMR/iFi power supply technology is unparalleled.
Audio-Band-Noise-Floor.png.png

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #3,595 of 3,700
  Mine works fine.

Just got my fully upgraded Breeze today from Aliexpress and its a fail. Tested on both Windows and Mac to a Gustard and Teac dac (AES and Toslink) and all exhibit the same issue. The sound coming form the breeze is distorted and cracks and pops whenever music is playing through it. Now the fun begins of trying to get support / return...

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #3,596 of 3,700

Just got my fully upgraded Breeze today from Aliexpress and its a fail. Tested on both Windows and Mac to a Gustard and Teac dac (AES and Toslink) and all exhibit the same issue. The sound coming form the breeze is distorted and cracks and pops whenever music is playing through it. Now the fun begins of trying to get support / return...

Well that does suck.   I'd advise avoiding buying from them directly.  At least with Ebay you have the 'buyers guarantee' - which I believe Ebay backs-up.  It's a few more dollars but worth it in the advent of a defective unit.

Be sure to ask for the Talema version which is extra.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Asynchronous-XMOS-U8-I2S-audio-usb-device-support-DSD-Digital-audio-system/262010528369?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26as

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #3,597 of 3,700

Seems to be a common thing... mine was bad too.

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #3,598 of 3,700

Well that does suck.   I'd advise avoiding buy from them directly.  At least with Ebay you have the 'buyers guarantee' - which I believe Ebay backs-up.  It's a few more dollars but worth it in the advent of a defective unit.

Be sure to ask for the Talema version which is extra.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Asynchronous-XMOS-U8-I2S-audio-usb-device-support-DSD-Digital-audio-system/262010528369?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26as

i returned mine to china for 56usd and still awaiting refund for that portion. I hope they honor their return policy for DOA items. Sucks, but it's not cheap to ship overseas!

Feb 2, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #3,599 of 3,700
4G? There is no 4G - do you mean 10G?  That's a pretty expensive cable - there's one for sale in the classifeds.  The 2G is $199 the 10G $999.  Then again Darko thought the Curious USB (not to be confused with Cerious Tech - different company) - was better then the 10G.  I had a Curious USB for awhile - much preferred the 2G.  My limit is a few hundred for a digital cable these days - there was a time when price was almost no object.

Well that is good to hear - I was afraid this was another Melodius episode.

I have it for the Breeze and it's very good - but can't remember where I got it. PM me.

Of course, 10g is what i meant.

I tried the usb adapter tonight. Very hard to connect with i2s just next. Had to use a longer/cheaper i2s cable. Some weight had to be put on the usb sockets of the intona and breeze. So i put everything back as it was.

But i think i might be able to order another mkii cable from ab-system. I am hesitant with the lightspeed cause i think the mkii might be very close for just 30$. To the least, it is so much better than anything else i have tried. And the built quality is excellent. Very solid cable.

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #3,600 of 3,700
Of course, 10g is what i meant.

I tried the usb adapter tonight. Very hard to connect with i2s just next. Had to use a longer/cheaper i2s cable. Some weight had to be put on the usb sockets of the intona and breeze. So i put everything back as it was.

But i think i might be able to order another mkii cable from ab-system. I am hesitant with the lightspeed cause i think the mkii might be very close for just 30$. To the least, it is so much better than anything else i have tried. And the built quality is excellent. Very solid cable.

You could try the Forza Twin Copper split -it's pretty good - less detailed - more romantic then the 2G.  $79

Users who are viewing this thread

Back