Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Jan 17, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #421 of 3,700
  I did all the steps - but it still failed at the end.  Take a look

------------------------------------------------------------
Preparation.
Uninstalling 'USB Audio Driver for WaveIO v2.23.0'.
This may take some time to complete. Please wait ...
Preparing installation.

Installation.
Adding uninstallation support ...
Create folder: C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver
Create folder: C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver
Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\uninstall.exe
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\setup.bmp
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\setup.ini
Output folder: C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\WaveIO.inf
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\WaveIOks.inf
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\WaveIO_x64.sys
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\WaveIOks_x64.sys
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\WaveIO.cat
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\WaveIOks.cat
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\tusbaudioapi.dll
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\WaveIOasio.dll
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\WaveIOasio_x64.dll
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\tusbaudioapi.dll
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\custom.ini
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\TUSBAudioCplApp.xml
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\TUSBAudioSpy.exe
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\TUSBAudioDfu.exe
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\TUSBAudioDfu.xml
Copy to C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\TUSBAudioCplApp.exe
Execute: regsvr32 /s "C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\tusbaudioapi.dll"
Execute: regsvr32 /s "C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\WaveIOasio.dll"
Execute: regsvr32 /s "C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\WaveIOasio_x64.dll"
Create shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\TUSBAudio Control Panel.lnk
Preinstalling drivers.

ERROR: Pre-installation of 'C:\Program Files\WaveIO\USBAudio_Driver\WaveIOks.inf' failed.
Please run setup again!

==============================
Installation failed.
==============================

I had some issues installing Chodi's Thesycon drivers on Win 7 64bit.  Be sure to completely uninstall any other legancy ASIO drivers on the machine. 

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #422 of 3,700
Preproman - I had the exact same result when trying to install Chodi's driver on a Windows 8 machine.  This was on a system with no XMOS driver ever installed previously.  I gave up and installed the stock driver.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #424 of 3,700
  Preproman - I had the exact same result when trying to install Chodi's driver on a Windows 8 machine.  This was on a system with no XMOS driver ever installed previously.  I gave up and installed the stock driver.

I was able to install the 'Chodi' driver set after a bit of tweeking. See page 3 posts #45 & #46

http://www.head-fi.org/t/736294/gustard-u12-usb-interface-8-core-xmos-chip/30

Jan 17, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #428 of 3,700
On windows server to install the mod drivers you would have to follow Sajk setup on the previous page as windows server will not let you install  drivers that are unsigned. On windows 7 or 8 standard installation I am sure they will install as I have gotten several comments from users. I think for those having problems you may have antivirus software or firewall software blocking the installation when it is trying to write to the registry. I know that Comodo firewall for example will block this unless you disable it during install or tell it to allow the install. This is not so much an issue with this particular waveIO driver as it is a windows issue with any unsigned driver. If anyone is having a problem with install temporarily disabling any antivirus or firewall software during installation really should work. If it does not then there is a driver conflict with something else installed on the computer. Afraid I can't help with that since it would be specific to your particular computer setup with whatever software you have installed.

I would point out that the procedure outlined by Sajk is also valid for windows 7 so if all else fails and you are having problems to install on windows 7 you can try to disable driver signing test as he describes. Unfortunately depending on the version of windows and whatever updates the individual user may have installed, the procedure for install of these drivers may vary. Some may even have a problem installing the standard stripped down version provided on that little cd with the product for all the same reasons. If anyone is still having problems they can pm me.

Jan 17, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #430 of 3,700
  On windows server to install the mod drivers you would have to follow Sajk setup on the previous page as windows server will not let you install  drivers that are unsigned. On windows 7 or 8 standard installation I am sure they will install as I have gotten several comments from users. I think for those having problems you may have antivirus software or firewall software blocking the installation when it is trying to write to the registry. I know that Comodo firewall for example will block this unless you disable it during install or tell it to allow the install. This is not so much an issue with this particular waveIO driver as it is a windows issue with any unsigned driver. If anyone is having a problem with install temporarily disabling any antivirus or firewall software during installation really should work. If it does not then there is a driver conflict with something else installed on the computer. Afraid I can't help with that since it would be specific to your particular computer setup with whatever software you have installed.

I would point out that the procedure outlined by Sajk is also valid for windows 7 so if all else fails and you are having problems to install on windows 7 you can try to disable driver signing test as he describes. Unfortunately depending on the version of windows and whatever updates the individual user may have installed, the procedure for install of these drivers may vary. Some may even have a problem installing the standard stripped down version provided on that little cd with the product for all the same reasons. If anyone is still having problems they can pm me.

Yeah I'm still having trouble even on a Windows 8.1 PC.

It installed fine on a Windows 7 laptop.

Could it be the Texas Instrument USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver for the SOtM USB PCIE card?  That's the only thing different from the Windows 7 laptop. 

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #431 of 3,700

Yeah I'm still having trouble even on a Windows 8.1 PC.

It installed fine on a Windows 7 laptop.

Could it be the Texas Instrument USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver for the SOtM USB PCIE card?  That's the only thing different from the Windows 7 laptop. 

Yes it is very likely that driver. It is certainly a driver conflict. You could test that theory by going into device manager and temporarily disable SOtM card. Then see if the WaveIO driver set will install. You may still have a problem even if it does with both active. I have no experience with windows 8 so I'm afraid I can't advise further. On windows driver conflicts are no fun at all. You might want to check to see if there is a newer version of the driver for that SOtM  card. 

Jan 18, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #432 of 3,700
hi prepoman, 
I have win8.1 as well, I faced the same trouble with the driver of my DXIO interface. The trouble was due to driver signature.
I had to restart the computer following this procedure (see link), to force Windows not to check the signature of the driver.
Thus : you restart the PC like explained in the link below, and you should be able to install proprely the driver. Still when you install the driver, Windows will pop up to warn you that the driver signature is not verified, you just have to click that "you don't care about its remarks and YES you want to & will install this bloody driver" and windows will let do it :)

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

hope it will work, it should.
Rgds

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #433 of 3,700
  hi prepoman, 
I have win8.1 as well, I faced the same trouble with the driver of my DXIO interface. The trouble was due to driver signature.
I had to restart the computer following this procedure (see link), to force Windows not to check the signature of the driver.
Thus : you restart the PC like explained in the link below, and you should be able to install proprely the driver. Still when you install the driver, Windows will pop up to warn you that the driver signature is not verified, you just have to click that "you don't care about its remarks and YES you want to & will install this bloody driver" and windows will let do it :)

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

hope it will work, it should.
Rgds

Thanks a lot. It works! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back