GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Apr 13, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #1,186 of 5,552
  My X12 is the same as yours. I was a little disappointed at first that they didn't match, but now I'm ok with it.

"that's a relief". I thought I was the first one since no one else commented about the different finishes. I am not going to lose my sleep over it. Sure matching set would be nice but it's not too bad.

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #1,187 of 5,552
Did anyone here attend Canjam Socal and listen to the Cavalli Liquid Carbon.  I would like a comparison to the H10 if possible.  The Liquid Carbon goes on sale tomorrow for a limited production run at $599.  It's rated at 1500Mw output.  Is that enough to run LCD-2f adequately?

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #1,188 of 5,552
  "that's a relief". I thought I was the first one since no one else commented about the different finishes. I am not going to lose my sleep over it. Sure matching set would be nice but it's not too bad.

For the price and how good they sound I would be able to live with neon pink and gun metal:)

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #1,189 of 5,552
Just received my H10 ! Initial impression is that it's pretty heavy xD. Coming from a fiio e10 it definitely sounds good, soundstage is better and instrument separation is great. Would love to see what this thing can do after it's burnt in. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1,190 of 5,552
I am right with you on this dear Bosun.  The principal reason for my long hiatus from high-end audio was the ever escalating prices and an elitist mindset that seemed to take over a lot of folks in the "hobby."  The problem was that instead of being just a hobby, to many people, it became almost a religion worshiping a false God. As a person of faith, I was troubled by this and particularly the way some were so obsessed that they were spending money like water when they really couldn't afford to.  I am not always a great steward of my finances, but what I witnessed was getting just ridiculous.  The reason I have returned to high-end audio in the personal hifi arena was because I saw a real difference in the attitudes of the manufacturers and especially that of the enthusiasts.  It's still a lot better than what I lived through in the big rig glory days, but I too see signs of creeping audiophilia nervosa.

This is a very important post.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #1,192 of 5,552

Right now I am listening to my Gustard stack that comprises the U12, X10 and H10 with my HE400i's and I can't imagine how much more improvement can be realised without spending an obscene amount of money. 
Perhaps we fool ourselves and imagine an improvement when we spend more money because psychologically we need/want to justify our expenditure.
I, for one, am quite happy with my gear and really can't tell much difference/improvement between my desktop dac/amp combos even though some cost quite a bit more than others. To be fair, they do sound different, but better...? who knows, not to my ears, and that's what it's all about, buy what sounds good to you, forget all the hype and the bloated price tags and just enjoy the music! After all, that's what it's all about, THE MUSIC, not the equipment.
So, try to ignore the siren song of the new/better/expensive gear and spend more on the music content as equipment will come and go but music endures and will continue to give pleasure for many more years than a piece of gear.
I love Captain Guinea Pigs' term, "Audiophilia Nervosa", it's right on the money! Bravo Captain.
Cheers from OZ and enjoy the music. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #1,193 of 5,552
  Did anyone here attend Canjam Socal and listen to the Cavalli Liquid Carbon.  I would like a comparison to the H10 if possible.  The Liquid Carbon goes on sale tomorrow for a limited production run at $599.  It's rated at 1500Mw output.  Is that enough to run LCD-2f adequately?

LOL, more than enough. I can drive my 2.1 LCD (hardest LCD to drive) @ volume point 4-5 on a 1 watt (1000mWatt) portable amp.

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #1,195 of 5,552
I have a question guys. Do I keep the amp always on? Or do I turn it off after use? Will it get damaged if I keep it running permanently? 
Leaving it on does not damage it. Turning it on and off does more harm. But as it's class A amp it draws a lot of power even when it's not outputting any sound

Apr 14, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #1,196 of 5,552
It sounds better when it's warm (seriously), so I just always leave the the H10 and X12 on.

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #1,197 of 5,552
Did anybody have a chance to compare h10 and wa6se. I have a chance to get one for my secondary system. I also plan to use it LCD2 and HE560. What should i expect in terms of sound signature, dynamics, bass ?

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #1,198 of 5,552
Hey guys,

I picked up the H10 and while it's a terrific amp I missed the richness of the tube sound i could reach with my lyr (plus the endless money pit that is tube rolling).

So if you're interested in picking one up stateside for cheap then shoot me a message and we can work something out.

If this is against the spirit of the thread let me know and I'll delete this post, I'd post this over in the classifieds but I haven't met the 15 post minimum this forum is a bit intimidating.

Apr 14, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #1,199 of 5,552
  Hey guys,

I picked up the H10 and while it's a terrific amp I missed the richness of the tube sound i could reach with my lyr (plus the endless money pit that is tube rolling).

So if you're interested in picking one up stateside for cheap then shoot me a message and we can work something out.

If this is against the spirit of the thread let me know and I'll delete this post, I'd post this over in the classifieds but I haven't met the 15 post minimum this forum is a bit intimidating.

Let it break in for a couple weeks before deciding. Many here speak highly of the h10 compared to the lyr post-burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back