GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Feb 26, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #4,516 of 5,552
Sound signature is noticeably warmer and op amps change the sound according to their characteristic.

I see, that would mesh with the impressions I've read. I knew about different op amps changing the sound. Warmer is fine with me as listening enjoyment is more important than extreme neutrality/transparency.

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #4,517 of 5,552
I see, that would mesh with the impressions I've read. I knew about different op amps changing the sound. Warmer is fine with me as listening enjoyment is more important than extreme neutrality/transparency.

I guess it depends on what headphones you're hooking up. I like the ability to tune to your liking on the H10 vs buying a new amp just to match another pair of headphones.

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #4,518 of 5,552
Based on the Massdrop discussion history, it looks like the H10 gets a drop somewhat regularly. Does this seem accurate to other folks who have been following the H10 longer than me (only a few days...)?

I did end up ordering a Bifrost Multibit, and I might see how I enjoy it with my 2.0 setup before I commit to getting another headphone amp.

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #4,519 of 5,552
Based on the Massdrop discussion history, it looks like the H10 gets a drop somewhat regularly. Does this seem accurate to other folks who have been following the H10 longer than me (only a few days...)?

I did end up ordering a Bifrost Multibit, and I might see how I enjoy it with my 2.0 setup before I commit to getting another headphone amp.

At least once in 2 months. Last drop was not too far away.

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #4,521 of 5,552
Would H10 benefit from upgraded AC-power cable? If yes, how much and would this do it or you have other recommendations under $100

Pangea Audio AC 14SE MKII Signature Power Cable - 1.5 Meter
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V75CYL0/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_Uzs0wbPMY0FAX

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #4,522 of 5,552
Would H10 benefit from upgraded AC-power cable? If yes, how much and would this do it or you have other recommendations under $100

Kind of pricy and I don't know if there will be any sonic attributes. I know that you will benefit by using a good hopital grade or heavy equipment grade because the stock cable is crap. Many people had DOA issues that turned out to be the cheap cable. I cut mines open and the brass contacts were paper thin. The weight of the cable would deform them and you loose contact.

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #4,523 of 5,552

$60 for a power cable...I'd recommend buying Burson SS V5 singles instead.

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #4,524 of 5,552
If I still need a power cable then I have to buy it whether I buy the Bursons or not however, I was just asking if an upgraded power cable is needed or not, if yes and there is one with good reputation then I will buy it as long as it's less than $100

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #4,526 of 5,552
If I still need a power cable then I have to buy it whether I buy the Bursons or not however, I was just asking if an upgraded power cable is needed or not, if yes and there is one with good reputation then I will buy it as long as it's less than $100

Get a power cable for about $5 on Amazon. Only you can decide if an "audio grade" power cable is needed. Not gonna lie, I have the same cable in my cart. Lol

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #4,527 of 5,552
Kind of pricy and I don't know if there will be any sonic attributes. I know that you will benefit by using a good hopital grade or heavy equipment grade because the stock cable is crap. Many people had DOA issues that turned out to be the cheap cable. I cut mines open and the brass contacts were paper thin. The weight of the cable would deform them and you loose contact.

I don't know if it will affect the sonic either. That cable was recommended to be purchased with zdac as several tried it and swear by it.

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #4,529 of 5,552
So one of my V5 singles developed a crackling noise at idle, did a few tests to make sure it was the op amps. Could not hear with headphones, but it was noticeable with IEMs. If anyone isn't aware of what it sounds like, it sounds like when you move your finger around in your ear.

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #4,530 of 5,552
canthearyou, would you elaborate further on your experience with quality cables (power, interconnect, or usb), and what it was that form your opinion?

To be honest I haven't really done any testing. I just assume it can only make things better, not worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back