GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Jan 22, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #4,262 of 5,554
Hi Everyone,

New member here. I just joined the SS Gustard a month ago.

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or am I just unlucky? I've already emailed Burson but I'm wondering if there's a way to reach the makers of the Gustard so I can see about getting this fixed or if I would have to buy a new one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #4,264 of 5,554
Hi Everyone,

New member here. I just joined the SS Gustard a month ago.

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or am I just unlucky? I've already emailed Burson but I'm wondering if there's a way to reach the makers of the Gustard so I can see about getting this fixed or if I would have to buy a new one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Circuit board is trashed so a new one is in order.  Probably cheaper to buy a brand new unit unless Burson or Gustard take responsibility.  Is it still under warranty?

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #4,265 of 5,554
OMG. I agree, this amp is a history.

I suspect that Burson will extend their liability to only their opamps, and it would not be unreasonable for Gustard to deny warranty as well, because they could not be held responsible IF upgraded opamp melted and short-circuited something (notice big IF - I am not saying that is what happened) . At best one may expect a discount offer for replacement amp if customer service is good and maker/retailer is concerned about retention.

That is why upgrades are a little bit dangerous territory, when something goes terribly wrong... its on an owner. Does not matter if it is hot-rodding a car, or 'swabbing' an amp.

Sorry about your misfortune.

Second burned H10 mentioned on those pages in last week or so. Dark days, mateys, time for some rum.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #4,266 of 5,554
So I actually helped MrIcy with his H10 purchase recently. Just wanted to chime in here. We literally just got the unit from a fellow gustard SS shipmate here like a month ago before it blew up on mricy (quite literally), which royally sucks. I personally think someone either from burson or gustard should do something to help out here. 

Also my personal opinion is that everyone who has the older V5s ship them back to burson before it blows up on them...(I recently got a brand new replacement for my single channel V5s before i sold my H10 to @willowbrook so he should be ok.) Just don't want anyone to have to go through what Mricy did

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #4,267 of 5,554
So hypothetical situation the old opamps could make it back into the H10 and tell Gustard it justed stopped working, then return the V5 to Burson. Not saying that is what I would do but I might.....:smirk:

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #4,268 of 5,554
So I actually helped MrIcy with his H10 purchase recently. Just wanted to chime in here. We literally just got the unit from a fellow gustard SS shipmate here like a month ago before it blew up on mricy (quite literally), which royally sucks. I personally think someone either from burson or gustard should do something to help out here. 

Also my personal opinion is that everyone who has the older V5s ship them back to burson before it blows up on them...(I recently got a brand new replacement for my single channel V5s before i sold my H10 to @willowbrook
 so he should be ok.) Just don't want anyone to have to go through what Mricy did

You the best ^^

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #4,272 of 5,554
Can we be sure that the fault lays at Bursons' door? Many of us on this forum have the Bursons and have not had this problem with our amps so to start pointing fingers and laying blame to certain parties may be a little premature and unfair, to say the least.
That being said, let me add that I have no affiliation at all with Burson and as such have no vested interest in the outcome of this matter, I simply wish to point out that we need to consider all the facts prior to crying wolf. Just my 2c worth. Cheers.

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #4,274 of 5,554
So if it's not the op Amp fault then the Amp was defective so returning it should be fine.
If it heats up over a long time sometimes the fuse won't blow I have seen it before more than once working with transformers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back