GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
May 10, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #1,741 of 5,554
When ever I get my H10 from mass-drop the only thing I gonna do if is Change the op-amps if I do any thing. Besides the ones that mentioned earlier in this thread there was others I used in the past on many different op-amp socket-ed sources that i may try. But I am gonna just leave it as it is for the time being til I get used to it. But I am curious if any one tried using the TO-99 metal caps on adapters of course in the H10  like the LME49720 HAor op-amps like Two single LME49990NA's and LME49720NA's yet. I hoping they get them in some times next week. Because I getting tiring of playing hot potato with the Asgard 2 when i go to move something out the way or turn it off.

May 11, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #1,742 of 5,554
  I would like to make a suggestion that postings regarding shipping issues should never be posted anywhere on Head-Fi; unless perhaps it's a very unusual issue such as you never received your package after 2 months. These forums are used to help prospective buyers gather information pertinent to making a purchase decision, and for members to gain useful information. Keep in mind that these posts are more or less forever, so it's a pretty safe bet that Joe Blow in 2020 won't really care that somebody had to wait a couple extra days for his package in 2015. I know this may come across the wrong way, but this is in effort to make (at least this forum) more concise and clutter free.

I agree. Because I'm about ready to unsubscribe from this thread.

May 11, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #1,743 of 5,554
  I would like to make a suggestion that postings regarding shipping issues should never be posted anywhere on Head-Fi; unless perhaps it's a very unusual issue such as you never received your package after 2 months. These forums are used to help prospective buyers gather information pertinent to making a purchase decision, and for members to gain useful information. Keep in mind that these posts are more or less forever, so it's a pretty safe bet that Joe Blow in 2020 won't really care that somebody had to wait a couple extra days for his package in 2015. I know this may come across the wrong way, but this is in effort to make (at least this forum) more concise and clutter free.

I think that shipping and purchase experiences for a product primarily available through overseas ebay sellers is very pertinent to making a purchase decision. Some of these sellers will be on ebay in 1,2, and 5 years, so knowing if they have a good or bad record, plus wait time info, goes a long way in influencing decisions and managing expectations.

May 11, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #1,744 of 5,554

I think that shipping and purchase experiences for a product primarily available through overseas ebay sellers is very pertinent to making a purchase decision. Some of these sellers will be on ebay in 1,2, and 5 years, so knowing if they have a good or bad record, plus wait time info, goes a long way in influencing decisions and managing expectations.

Then leave feedback on eBay and don't ruin this thread.

May 11, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #1,746 of 5,554
This used to be a happy place. Let's bring it back to the way it was before. Happy swabbies, aren't we? :grinning:

May 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #1,749 of 5,554
Received my HE-560 replacement today so I'm back in heaven, I'll shut the f up until the H10 gets here. I don't like the fighting. Peace, love and music for everybody.  

Hey we almost signed a truce before the posts got deleted, I'll be chilling.

May 11, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #1,750 of 5,554
  Any of you guys eq with the H10?

I do worse things than that. I send signal first to my pre-amp NAD-1020, and only then to H10. That allows me to use the infamous vintage loudness button. Before fire brigade arrives to throw me into the fire, I will be quick to say that I also adjust volume knob on NAD 1020 to 12:00, where 'loudness' feature is about to turn off completely, and is very weak, just boosting sub-bass a tiny bit. I like that setting for most of music. Now, for symphonies, I find that many of them are recorded with way too little sub-bass (and I know how that recurring tuba in Sibelius Symphony No. 2 in D major is supposed to sound, because I have heard it live recently, and it was awesome!), and there I turn that volume knob down to 11:30, allowing for a bit more boost, and that is perfect. Why don't I use bass tone control knob, you ask? It is a good knob, and works well, but it is targeting frequencies a little bit higher, kinda crossing from sub-to-mid bass, and I generally have no desire to boost those.

Very happy with this setup. Now, just to disrupt my hard-earned mental peace, mailman delivered today box with Bottlehead Crack kit (at last! 4 weeks is a long wait!). It will take me some time to put it together, but I suspect it may create some interesting competition for H10 with HD650.

May 12, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #1,752 of 5,554
  I do worse things than that. I send signal first to my pre-amp NAD-1020, and only then to H10. That allows me to use the infamous vintage loudness button.
Before fire brigade arrives to throw me into the fire, I will be quick to say that I also adjust volume knob on NAD 1020 to 12:00, where 'loudness' feature is about to turn off completely, and is very weak,...

Hi and i understand you.  Sometimes i feel like the only thing i would need is a very good buffer (like the H10 could very well be maybe at lowest gain with the volume full open) after my loved line preamp.
It can be tubed or SS but i think anyone around has a favourite preamp.  I have at least 3. But they cannot drive HPs directly.
I am thinking seriously about this H10 .... i think that as a buffer could be quite powerful and transparent.
Regards, gino

May 12, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #1,754 of 5,554
are you sυre that gustard H10 is better from lyr2 ?

I had them both at home for a few days and I liked the H10 more. But the Lyr2 is as good as the H10. You won't go wrong with either of the two.

May 13, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #1,755 of 5,554
I have both and I would say it depends to a point on the tubes in the Lyr.
The H10 is certainly quieter and I like the volume/gain  control options with
the dip switches.  Part of the difference too is the "smoothness" of Class A
vs. a hybrid output on the lyr.  Both have ample output power to run any of
my dynamics or planars.
Hibuck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back