GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Dec 15, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #2,536 of 8,912
Can someone please answer this question does the GUSTARD R26 have any delay as far as video playback being out of sync?

Being a video editor this is a must before I can commit to a purchase

Dec 15, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #2,537 of 8,912
Can someone please answer this question does the GUSTARD R26 have any delay as far as video playback being out of sync?

I use R26 with a gaming rig and there is no perceivable audio delay for any gaming or media content.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 2:40 AM Post #2,538 of 8,912
IME depends on software (esp. settings) and connections.

If you use windows via wasapi/direct sound via usb/spdif/aes is instantaneous. Using my DAC for video playback and a bit of video editing.

Dec 15, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #2,539 of 8,912

Hi, I use my R26 for a mix of audio and video, with video via spdif.

I was concerned about this too before buying and I might have said there was a fractional delay but then I normally use the ifi Ipurifier2 s/pdif which buffers and reclocks the signal so potentially introduces its own delay. So i took the iFi out of the chain and tested with just tostlink cable direct from TV to R26, using a couple of YouTube sync test vids. Timing of sound vs audio was spot on, precisely in sync 👌.

Test vids used:

I took a short vid I can PM you if you'd like to judge with your own eyes and ears.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #2,540 of 8,912
The EtherRegen v2 due in Q1 too…

Yes, this! Tempted to upgrade on a Sonore OpticalModule but will hold back for the EtherRegen V2. Planning to daisy chaining two.

I was concerned about this too before buying and I might have said there was a fractional delay but then I normally use the ifi Ipurifier2 s/pdif which buffers and reclocks the signal so potentially introduces its own delay. So i took the iFi out of the chain and tested with just tostlink cable direct from TV to R26, using a couple of YouTube sync test vids. Timing of sound vs audio was spot on, precisely in sync 👌.

Yep no buffereing hardware or software.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #2,541 of 8,912
Yes, this! Tempted to upgrade on a Sonore OpticalModule but will hold back for the EtherRegen V2. Planning to daisy chaining two.
Jeepers you're not doing things by half. If they manage to keep the price around the same level (as per their stated intent) and improve the performance they'll sell like hotcakes.

I might have to get me one. Apparently the LHY SW-8 plays well with the ER v1, rhe benefits of both being additive.

Dec 15, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #2,542 of 8,912
Jeepers you're not doing things by half.
My plan of battle (...well just a plan) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::
Ether Regen Project.png

BUT there's this. Don't know how good it is: https://kamaudio.com/TeraDak-T-S211-media-converter

T-S211c-500x500.jpeg
T-S211a-500x500.jpeg
T-S211e-500x500.jpeg

Too much Audio Nervosa....maybe i'll rest a little...:upside_down:

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #2,545 of 8,912
Does it also have SFP/fiber ports?
If you mean the LHY, no idea sorry, all I know is an unconfirmed rumour from another poster there's a new model that may have an external clock inout. In fact I ought not to be repeating it as I don't know their source/reliability etc

ER v2 almost certainly given the ER1 had one.

Dec 15, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #2,546 of 8,912
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back