GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Dec 16, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #2,566 of 8,912
So far I have ordered the plastic unmanageable Netgear. It uses 12V, I have such an LPS. I will wait for LHY to release a switch that will be able to receive an external clock.
Why do want you want to have an external clock when LHY are making super clocks that are built into the 8 port switch today.
I would prefer they make a version based on Linksys LGS310C with sfp fiber ports

Dec 16, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #2,567 of 8,912
Why do want you want to have an external clock when LHY are making super clocks that are built into the 8 port switch today.
I would prefer they make a version based on Linksys LGS310C with sfp fiber ports
I'm not sure which clock is working when I have 4 devices with clock. PC, NAS, switch, DAC (OCK-1). Some devices must be slaves and some must be masters. Until this is clear to me, I don't want to invest.

Dec 16, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #2,568 of 8,912
I have a Roon PC, a NAS and of course the R26. All of this is connected to each other via ethernet switch, ethernet cables. I also have an external clock that I can only connect to the DAC. The network switch is ordinary with smps. How important is it if I get an audiophile switch with an OCXO clock? When the signal is reclocked in the DAC, via an external clock, what is the influence of the OCXO clock in the network switch?

I began to go down this upgrade path too. I couldn’t though see benefits either because of the FBM, and the ability to put the clock directly on the R26.

I was also thinking a etherRegen taking the place of the switch and a FBM. But again kinda get to what the benefit is.
I have everything (switch and FBMs) linear powered

Dec 16, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #2,569 of 8,912
I'm finally happy with the sound of the piano in my setup. This magnificent recording is exactly what it sounds like. Before, I was always bothered by the piano ringing. But with the R26, OCK-1, Fidelizer app and the Shunyata Copperhead to PC power cable, the piano is perfect. That DSD recording sounds very realistic and powerful. Although Pogorelich is still my favorite for Chopin as a performer.

Attachments

• евгений-зарафьянц-evgeny-zarafiants-esoteric-30th-anniversary-beethoven-and-chopin-Cover-Art.jpg
    евгений-зарафьянц-evgeny-zarafiants-esoteric-30th-anniversary-beethoven-and-chopin-Cover-Art.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 0
Dec 16, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #2,570 of 8,912
I’m having an issue with my OCK-1, not sure though if it’s the clock, the R26, or the cheap temporary cable between them.
Things went fine for the first few hours with the external clock, then last night when I fired up the system there was no music with the clock setting to ext, but an error message on the R26 screen that read “ext err”. When I switch to the internal clock it’s fine. The other thing is that now there’s a popping sound when swapping back and forth or when switching inputs. Hoping it’s just a crap cable. I’m going to try the other outlets on the OCK today and also the toslink and LAN inputs, this was happening with coax from my CDT.
Does this ring any bells?
I would say the issue is likely the OCK-1. If it was a cable issue you probably would have encountered the problem from the get go. The clock may be developing an issue as it gets more hours on it. Don't forget despite how good they can make a system sound, they are cheap as far as clocks go. Keep us posted. I've had mine going for 2 weeks now with a 50ohm Beatechnik cable and no issues(yet! lol).

Dec 16, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #2,571 of 8,912
Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #2,575 of 8,912
gooood... 40th page of ock-1, ock-2, lps, fiber and so on :juggling:

Dec 16, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #2,576 of 8,912
what's with Gustard threads....they get derailed with clock discussion etc etc. Same is the story with Gustard U18 where it's all about the clock and BNC cable to be paired with it and nothing else

Dec 16, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #2,577 of 8,912
what's with Gustard threads....they get derailed with clock discussion etc etc. Same is the story with Gustard U18 where it's all about the clock and BNC cable to be paired with it and nothing else

Well the first 100 pages were all about how incredible this DAC is. Frankly the best sub $3500 DAC that has ever existed.
So I guess we got bored of telling each other what we already knew and moved to experimentation and helping each other get the absolute most performance we could out of this.

Dec 16, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #2,579 of 8,912
I would say the issue is likely the OCK-1. If it was a cable issue you probably would have encountered the problem from the get go. The clock may be developing an issue as it gets more hours on it. Don't forget despite how good they can make a system sound, they are cheap as far as clocks go. Keep us posted. I've had mine going for 2 weeks now with a 50ohm Beatechnik cable and no issues(yet! lol).
I think you may be right and I have contacted the seller, Yanjing Store on Ali. I got the Beatechnik cable today and threw it right in, no difference. Nice cable though, Huler and Suner Ecoflex 400 with Amphenol connectors. Double shielded, silver coated copper conductor. Wish I could tell you how it sounds :sob:

Dec 16, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #2,580 of 8,912
When I stream via Roon and upsample to DSD using HQPlayer I hear a soft noise at the beginning and end of every song.
Also when I pause a song I hear this soft noise for a few seconds.
When I play DSD directly or upsampled via Roon I don’t have this issue.
Any R26 owner here that has the same experience ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back