GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Mar 1, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #4,786 of 8,959
@Forgisound - apologies, I forgot it was an ios app. They do have a windows version but not sure about Android. FWIW I was so frustrated with Bubble that I was a hair’s breadth from stepping over into the darkside and falling down the Roon wabbit hole. I hope you find a solution.

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #4,787 of 8,959
@Forgisound - apologies, I forgot it was an ios app. They do have a windows version but not sure about Android. FWIW I was so frustrated with Bubble that I was a hair’s breadth from stepping over into the darkside and falling down the Roon wabbit hole. I hope you find a solution.
After I got the clock and the switch, the sound cleared up. I've found that I play better when I stream directly from the Sinology NAS, without the intermediary of a computer, PC, or iMac. But my tablet is android so I can't use JPlay.

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #4,788 of 8,959
Just a heads up @m-i-c-k-e-y. I tried the link on the 1st main page but Windows virus protection blocked the download.
I then grabbed it from @Forgisound post and everything worked great.
Different download process so thank you @domiji. No need for Balena etcher.

Screen saver setting just reduces brightness down to the lowest level.
Nice that you can turn the entire screen off. Loving the large print lol.

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #4,789 of 8,959
Strange..checked..pointers/link are the same from source...(just copied the source link)
Think it's false positive or just a precaution. Just click arrow key and hit "keep". Have Norton as AV.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #4,790 of 8,959
Strange..checked..pointers/link are the same from source...(just copied the source link)
Think it's false positive or just a precaution. Just click arrow key and hit "keep". Have Norton as AV.
Yes probably my silly system for sure.
I’m a Mac guy and only have this PC for Focus Fidelity and Gustard updates lol

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #4,791 of 8,959
That would make sense too but why do the truncating or rounding from 32bit-24integer first when those extra bits could be used for the digital volume control? I am only basing this off the diagram of the signal path that Gustard sent with the interpolation fir filter first then the volume control.
You are right. As Gustard has volume control, it change little bit. I missed it.

Mar 1, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #4,792 of 8,959
This device body update is enough for the device body. However, a special update for the Gustarender streamer has also been released. It's a good idea to install it as well, after installing the firmware.
Where did you find the new Gustard Streamer Firmware?

The website still refers to the 1.21 Version as far as I can see :)

Thanks for your help!

Mar 1, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #4,793 of 8,959
This device body update is enough for the device body. However, a special update for the Gustarender streamer has also been released. It's a good idea to install it as well, after installing the firmware.
Same question, do you need to install the old firmware updates (be it body or software) or will the new updates cover everything from the past updates?

Mar 1, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #4,794 of 8,959
Where did you find the new Gustard Streamer Firmware?

The website still refers to the 1.21 Version as far as I can see :)

Thanks for your help!
Its 1.4 since December. Go to support section NOT on product section. OR first page of this thread.

Mar 1, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #4,797 of 8,959
Same question, do you need to install the old firmware updates (be it body or software) or will the new updates cover everything from the past updates?
You only need to install the latest firmware.

Mar 1, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #4,798 of 8,959
Hello,
Is this an official update from Gustard or unofficial?
I got the update link from Gustard. I don't know if it's official, but it seems to work without error.

Mar 1, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #4,799 of 8,959
DSD direct on. Is this normal behavior?

Tried my first DSD files today and had NOS on and DSD direct on. When I started the first track I heard a ‘click,’ then the file played without issue. Only when playback stopped did I hear another ”click” and the display switched from DSD to PCM. Is this normal? Does DSD only engage when the track starts and then DSD playback stops and automatically switch back to PCM when the track / playback stops. As a side note when playing from one DSD file to the next the R26 stays in DSD mode and does not “ click,’ back to pcm mode between DSD tracks.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #4,800 of 8,959
DSD direct on. Is this normal behavior?

Tried my first DSD files today and had NOS on and DSD direct on. When I started the first track I heard a ‘click,’ then the file played without issue. Only when playback stopped did I hear another ”click” and the display switched from DSD to PCM. Is this normal? Does DSD only engage when the track starts and then DSD playback stops and automatically switch back to PCM when the track / playback stops. As a side note when playing from one DSD file to the next the R26 stays in DSD mode and does not “ click,’ back to pcm mode between DSD tracks.
Are you upsampling or using the files native?

On my system - when upsampling, the relays click once inside the machine (it's a low to medium click inside the machine) when DSD upsampling is engaged and there is no click again until i switch to PCM.

If using native DSD / PCM files, the relays click as the dac switches between the DSD ladder and the the PCM ladder. I can't say for sure whether there is a click when the DSD file stops playing (and nothing is selected next in the track queue) - i haven't specifically heard that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back