GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Nov 30, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #2,101 of 8,863
I need help with LAN. I have r26 connected from my wired switch screen will display LAN but none of my devices will find it. I downloaded mconnect to iPhone and tablet neither will display the r26. Do I have to do something to make the r26 discoverable? Do I have to open something to connect the R26 to my network? For now I am only using Bluetooth and usb would like to have LAN.

Nov 30, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #2,102 of 8,863
I need help with LAN. I have r26 connected from my wired switch screen will display LAN but none of my devices will find it. I downloaded mconnect to iPhone and tablet neither will display the r26. Do I have to do something to make the r26 discoverable? Do I have to open something to connect the R26 to my network? For now I am only using Bluetooth and usb would like to have LAN.
A couple of questions:

- Is there a file rate being displayed on your screen? (should say DSD 2.8mhz)?
- Have you gone into the UPNP section of your mconnect app and refreshed - and can you confirm you can't see Gustarender v1.3?

Attachments

• IMG_D68509EB7C77-1.jpeg
    IMG_D68509EB7C77-1.jpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 0
Dec 1, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #2,104 of 8,863
Dec 1, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #2,105 of 8,863
Is it the firmware of the Gustard or the OS of the streamer?
Have you tried another card with the moOde OS?
It is the OS for the Arm7 and contains UPnP, Apple and Roon protocols. Gustard claims the list of protocols will be extended in the future.
As one member here has discovered, the R26 implementation is off-standard.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #2,106 of 8,863
It is just for the Streamer.

That would be a good question. But i guess moOde or Volumio is not possible.

It is the OS for the Arm7 and contains UPnP, Apple and Roon protocols. Gustard claims the list of protocols will be extended in the future.
As one member here has discovered, the R26 implementation is off-standard.
So I guess that this is some kind of a homebrew and not a regular Pi where you can install the OS of your choice.

Dec 1, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #2,107 of 8,863
Quick question for you guys. I have been playing around with native OS vs upsampling via HQ and Roon (both PCM and DSD).

Can someone explain how the 1 bit DSD Dac architecture works? Am I right in assuming that

- if DSD files are sent to the DAC with DSD NOS turned on - the 1 bit DAC handles the entire digital to analogue conversion without processing via the R2R ladder?

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #2,109 of 8,863
So I guess that this is some kind of a homebrew and not a regular Pi where you can install the OS of your choice.
@rodthebod and @NoaHimesaka can answer this better than me but am pretty sure @NoaHimesaka was looking at installing other OS, and in an earlier thread was able to see the partition the image sits on while updating the firmware.

However, will void the warranty am sure if it doesn’t work for you.

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #2,110 of 8,863
Have you selected "Stream" using the remote?

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #2,111 of 8,863
Have you read the manual?

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #2,112 of 8,863
It will void the two-year warranty anyway. UPnP works fine with the occasional hickup

@rodthebod and @NoaHimesaka can answer this better than me but am pretty sure @NoaHimesaka was looking at installing other OS, and in an earlier thread was able to see the partition the image sits on while updating the firmware.

However, will void the warranty am sure if it doesn’t work for you.
Nah, it seems difficult, you have to know computing and you will also void the warranty.

It is pretty good as it is and no need to fiddle with it more.

At the begging I thought that it was something simpler like as an example the Flux Labs FCN-10 where the streamer is essentially a discrete RPi board where I can install the OS of my choice in the SD card.

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #2,113 of 8,863
Nah, it seems difficult, you have to know computing and you will also void the warranty.

At the begging I thought that it was something simpler like as an example the Flux Labs FCN-10 where the streamer is essentially a discrete RPi board where I can install the OS of my choice in the SD card.
I think Gustard made it custom to avoid a lot of tinkering and support cases. I want to add LMS support, but will avoid to for now and have sent a request to Gustard to add LMS. If others that use LMS read this, please send requests, too.

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #2,114 of 8,863

Unlikely to void the warranty. The USB-C exposes SD card so no need to open up. I am still waiting for linux-chenxing team to fix SDIO support so I can finally use modern, clean kernel. Gustard provided kernel is bad. I can't understand why Gustard put such a bad and non-GPL respecting SoC in $1650 hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back