Gun-Fi
Feb 15, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #826 of 1,730
number1sixerfan;5421181 said:
Just got back from the range, shot 100 rounds or so with a Glock 30. I like shooting at the range, but some people just make me a bit anxious. The guys next too me were so happy and loud it just had me on edge. At one point, one of them actually had their pistol pointed in my direction as they were talking....I've got to find out when it is not crowded at that place...you guys ever have to deal with stuff like this?
]

as a rangemaster, i deal with that kind of behavior daily...just remember, range safety is everyone's responsibility...if you see it, speak up, knuckleheads need reminding at times that they are endangering others...
most of the time, they are just "new guys" & need to know how we play on ranges...when possible, a easygoing approach will build our community of shooters, & possibly you will make new friends out of the encounter...g

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #828 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes I see individuals doing so. I get the range master to handle it. If approached by anyone else these yo-yo's get aggressive and the last thing I need is an altercation at a range. Everyone looses!

Yup, some people are into firearms because they are personally fearful. Fearfulness can quickly lead to anger and misperception of a safety suggestion as a provocation. The rangemaster is in charge of those corrections anyway, and some rangemasters can be jealous of their perogative in that.

Mostly these days I shoot on a private club range weekday mornings. Wind is generally lowest before the heating of the day and sun angle best for my purposes. I get out and back before anybody else is up and mostly nobody notices that I have even been gone. The perfect sneak.
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #831 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes I see individuals doing so. I get the range master to handle it. If approached by anyone else these yo-yo's get aggressive and the last thing I need is an altercation at a range. Everyone looses!

i know it is hard, but an easy approach can win a friend...i only jump in with both feet when the situation is truly dangerous, & i'm looking to see what kind of person we are dealing with...a good guy gets to stay & play...most reasonable people will listen & play by range rules, a quick mention can be respected...i've taught my members how to do this & also how to help out the new guys...most of the dumb behavior on ranges come from the new guys, & most of them really want to do good, help them do good...when you get the certified knucklehead, back off...those are the types that want to re establish dominance, get the rangemaster at that point...most of those types get to go home...g

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #832 of 1,730
Took my new Savage 12 F/TR for it’s first outing and am very happy with the initial results. After 3 sighters to dial in the scope, a very decent (for me) 10 round group. Pulled #7 a bit, but this baby is a shooter. These were at 200 yards using Federal Gold Metal SMK 168 HPBT. Gotta play with some handloads next time out.

It is like carrying an artillery piece tipping the scale right at 15 pounds with the Zeiss Conquest 6.5 – 20 x 50mm mounted. But this is not a hunting rig, so what the hell.

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #833 of 1,730
Here's my newest toy:

DSC01545-Medium.jpg

SIG 226 SCT in 9mm. That isn't rust on the one grip screw. It's the preservative; I still need to do a little cleaning. The birthdate on the box: Feb. 10, 2009. Doesn't get a whole lot newer than that! I was really jumping back and forth between this and the 229 SCT and I'm glad I got the full size. There's no CCW in IL and the full size grip is just the perfect size for my hand.

Probably won't get a chance to shoot it until next week, though.
frown.gif

On another note, I've always hated the layouts where the user info is above the post. Makes for a lot of scrolling. If a moderator reads this, can we be given the option for the old style with the user info on the left. Thanks!

Feb 26, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #836 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why you say that, Marvin?

Holder ran his mouth and confirmed that Obama will push a new AWB. Given the political situation, it's a done deal as soon as they get the ball rolling.

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #837 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holder ran his mouth and confirmed that Obama will push a new AWB. Given the political situation, it's a done deal as soon as they get the ball rolling.

Do you have a source on this? Trust me that I don't doubt what you're saying but I'd like to read more about it.

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #839 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, looks like I was wrong on EBR prices. Not sure they'll ever fall now.

Looks like Holder might have spoke out of turn. The White House and Pelosi wouldn't back him up (it's not the right time). I think it's much more likely to happen after the first round of senate elections. However, the spectre of the ban will keep EBR prices high.

At least I hope that's the way it goes. I have a .223 suppressor on order. I have access to a friend's family's property. There is an ideal FREE 800 yard "range" with a near perfect natural back stop. His family and others live on the front of the property, so he shoots suppressed. I will have to as well out of courtesy. The process for owning the suppressor is going to take several months. It would be interesting to see what happens if a ban went in while my form 4 is out for approval. I will also need one for .308.

Mar 1, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #840 of 1,730
If there were better ranges around where I live, I would be able to justify a rifle collection. I guess my wallet is thankful for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back