Guitar Hero 3 songs
Oct 29, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #46 of 59
No Wii version from Rock Band?
frown.gif

Oh well, Guitar Hero should be enough for me. I've yet to play the first 2, so it will all be new.
wink.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #47 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh well, Guitar Hero should be enough for me. I've yet to play the first 2, so it will all be new.
wink.gif

It's quite addictive!
cool.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #48 of 59
I bought GH3 yesterday and beat the single player mode on expert this evening... Some pretty cool songs! I especially appreciated Eric Johnson's "Cliffs of Dover."
biggrin.gif

The Dragonforce song actually looks playable, at least more than "Jordan" from GH2.

Nov 2, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #49 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought GH3 yesterday and beat the single player mode on expert this evening... Some pretty cool songs! I especially appreciated Eric Johnson's "Cliffs of Dover."
biggrin.gif

The Dragonforce song actually looks playable, at least more than "Jordan" from GH2.

I think the complete opposite with regards to Dragonforce vs Jordan: I can get to 59% on Jordan before failing (getting perfect on the intro and the riff), but I can't get past 2-3% on Dragonforce before failing. The intro is VERY difficult, and my tapping skills suck.

Nov 2, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #50 of 59
Same here for now, but it's more a matter of memorization than with "Jordan." There's nothing I dislike more than a song that's super-easy until the solo, then it gets impossible. See: "Jordan," "Arterial Black."
tongue.gif

The "One" solo took me out a few times, too... Miss a couple note strings and you're gone.

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #51 of 59
I finally bought GH3 for PS2 tonight. It was the special target bundle with two wired sg guitars. I cannot play well on wireless guitars. I decided to skip right to the dragonforce song since I have no patience with my illness and busy schedule
tongue.gif
75% notes hit on hard. Not very good.
plainface.gif
I can't wait to use the wired guitar. I cannot imagine people playing expert with wireless guitars. It's just too laggy for me.

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #52 of 59
I'm still working on the Dragonforce song on expert... So far, I've gotten 78% through--the final solos threw me off and I didn't realize I had extra star power.
tongue.gif

The tapping part isn't so bad if you're able to zone out and just focus on the tapped notes. Practice it slowly, figure out which fingering you're going to use for the descent, and you'll have it sooner or later.

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #54 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beat it on medium for wii (this is my first guitar hero game)
and started hard and already beat tom morello

the orange button throws me off sometimes

Nice going... Many people have found GH3 to be more difficult than the other releases, so if they release Wii versions of the earlier games, you should be ready for 'em.

Nov 9, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #57 of 59
Can't wait... I put it on my B-Day list, so I can't buy it.
frown.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #59 of 59
Bump, anyone still into GH3? I've still been playing on a near-daily basis since launch. Got Rock Band too, but I still prefer GH3 by quite a lot for single-player guitar play.

GH3:Aerosmith has been announced for June 2008 -- although I'm not too fond of the idea of a game focusing solely on one band (and a few other songs by 'friends' of Aerosmith), I'll still be getting it nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back