Guitar Hero 3 songs
Oct 28, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #31 of 59
I was there right when the store opened. Preordered last week.

It's pretty good so far, and we just finished co-op on expert. Going through singleplayer now. It's easier than GH2 due to the new HOPO system, and I like it!

Can't wait to play Through the Fire and Flames
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #32 of 59
I have a PS2 just for Guitar Hero. I wonder if there are any differences between the platforms.

akwok what are you running GH3 on? Did you get the new guitar?

Oct 28, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #33 of 59
I also bought a PS2 just for GH2.

I'm running GH3 on the PS2, with the Kramer. I prefer my old cherry red SG to it quite a bit though. The new wireless guitar seems to lag a little, which makes a big difference for me.

There's downloadable content for the PS3 and 360, other than that it's pretty much the same (other than graphics and audio).

Oct 28, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #34 of 59
Playlist doesn't look too bad. "Welcome To the Jungle" should be amazing, although I wish they had put on "Night Train" or "Paradise City". And again, I would have loved to see more classic rock. Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Eagles, etc: Why haven't these artists even appeared on Guitar Hero yet while somehow ones like Iron Maiden have? Makes no sense to me. Some of the tracks on Guitar Hero II just outright sucked... why not put something better in their place?

Oct 29, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #37 of 59
I played it a little today, my roommate got it first thing this morning, but both of us have been hammered with school work, so we haven't worked through much of it. I just beat Welcome to the Jungle on expert, so I'm not sure what comes next. At first I didn't like the new HOPO system (let me choose when to do it, dammit!), but it grows on you, and now I find it easier to get through some of the faster arpeggios. I can't wait to finish it!

PS: Woo! Finally 500!

Oct 29, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #38 of 59
We are stuck on the battle with Lou on expert now. Our luck sucks, and the items we get (and get thrown at us) generally stinks.

Oct 29, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #40 of 59
We managed to beat him, surprisingly very easily too. If you get a broken whammy bar as your first item, quickly use it and he's guaranteed to die (long line of green and red notes are missed).

We unlocked DragonForce! Managed to get a whopping 1% before failing, awesome!

It is fun to play in multiplayer pro-faceoff though. 73% notes hit there.

Oct 29, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #41 of 59
I was never a fan of any of the wireless guitars. I also feel there's a lag and I just cannot play on expert on GH2 without getting frustrated
tongue.gif
I sold my wired to my cousins last year. I have to find me some wired ones again.

Oct 29, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #43 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm awaiting Rock Star game on PS3 myself. Check it out if you like the Guitar Hero Genre.

Does this appear in Chinese or something? RS will be a WAY better game!

Oct 29, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #45 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Constantly posting about Rock Band and it's supposed superiority in a Guitar Hero thread and saying that Guitar Hero sucks is pretty much a perfect example of trolling. I love Rock Band as much as the next guy but being a total ***** zealot isn't going to help it's image.

Do you work for Harmonix or something? Jesus!

I have the whole GH series. Never said it sucks.

You are being way overboard with the insults.

A person living in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back