Guilty Pleasures
Jul 12, 2007 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Yikes

Headphoneus Supremus
I was looking for music to make free freight at Amazon. I remembered that I loved the Musical Episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, so I added it to the order.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear, Buffy is in my top 10 TV shows of all time list. I have all seven seasons on DVD. I’ve watched the “ONCE MORE WITH FEELING” episode 3-4 times. The ONCE MORE WITH FEELING CD is an HDCD and offers surprisingly good sound quality. Sarah Michelle Gellar is the only real weak link. Her vocals are amazingly wimpy.

If you are not a Buffy fan I’d probably pass on this disc (Unless you love all Musicals), but if like me you loved Buffy The Vampire Slayer then this is a must have disc.

Highly recommended.

So how big a geek am I?
redface.gif
Buffy is definitely a guilty pleasure. What TV show or music are you a little embarrassed to admit that you love?

41W9KK43KDL._SS500_.jpg

Jul 12, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 31
Haha that is a pretty guilty pleasure!

I guess in terms of entertainment I don't really have any guilty pleasures like that - no geeky shows or anything. Most of my vices are real. For example, I'm a former smoker who's taken to drinking while smoking. Lately I've been going out a lot for various reasons, and I feel like I'm getting re-addicted to smokes! Not a good thing. This weekend has a lot of events planned already, but after that I have to basically sit at home for a few weeks to clear it out of my system...once I have a drink the urges up by a factor of 10!

--Illah

Jul 13, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #3 of 31
BTVS is among my top 2 series of all time. Have all seven seasons on DVD too.

The "OMWF" ep was genius, as the various song & dance routines all led up to Buffy's confession that she was actually in Heaven, happy and at peace - contrary to what her friends thought - when they (supposedly) "rescued" her from the afterlife.

I never picked up the CD though, as I questioned whether it would stand up to a pure audio experience. I may have to reconsider if I spot on a store shelf.

Jul 13, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 31
hehehe... my mom has cd... ahhh family music nights singing slighty off key to that one rant about bunnies.....

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 31
I have zero guilt being a huge buffy fan, ask yourself this: do you own the Buffy Comics?
biggrin.gif

And a friend and I were such fans of OMWF that we did a rip of the recording off of VHS (back in the day!) so that we could listen to the whole episode as an album. Then my friend went back and painstakingly cut it into tracks, which took HOURS! I miss that show, a lot.

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #8 of 31
So your guilty pleasure is…? Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Butthole pleasures...

Wow, such an open and honest confession.

icon10.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #9 of 31
Amber Benson has an amazing voice, which makes the fact that 'Under Your Spell' has inherent clipping very, very infuriating. Only on the vocal track, mind you. Check for yourself, then write an angry letter.

I listen to the album all the time, as it really is quite good. I purchased it thinking I would just listen to it once or twice, but really, all the time.

Sarah's vocals aren't that bad, it's Michelle's that are rather grating, but, thankfully, limited to a short song or two.

I don't consider Buffy as a guilty pleasure, as it is one of the few quality television productions in existence. Of course, as n_maher mentioned, I do own the comics, even the Season 8 variant covers, which means I'm a bit biased.
icon10.gif

Also, Angel is just as amazing, and Firefly is, well, Firefly. If you haven't checked them out, the Firefly/Serenity soundtracks are very good, as well.

Jul 13, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #10 of 31
The O.C. and Survivor closet addict here. Yes, I'm ashamed of my addiction.

Jul 13, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #11 of 31
I haven't seen all the episodes, but it was a cool show. One of the best actors is James Marsters. He sings pretty well, but he's even cooler reading the Dresden novels in audiobook. He puts soooo much into those reads.

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #13 of 31
I have a hard time turning the channel if I stumble across a Steven Seagal movie. They're so strangly written. Peace through breaking bones, curing plague with flowers thrown from a helicopter, and all that. It's also fun to watch the same facial expression saying "I love you" as being shot at. I predict he'll become the first completely CG virtual actor as it would take the least amount of programmed facial movements. Often a blast to watch, especially if drunk.

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #14 of 31
Harry Potter books
biggrin.gif

I don't even like fantasy stuff but for some reason I love Harry Potter books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back