GTA Spring 2016 meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #91 of 144
Bryan, would be great if you can bring the HP1000.  I just got the SR200 with black star drivers, and want to do a comparison of the two.

Many thanks.

May 25, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #92 of 144
My new recitfier is burning in nicely and so sounds good, so much so I'm thinking of selling all my other unused tubes during the meet.

I have a sophia 274b (will sell for 35 cad), and a raytheon JAN-5R4WGB  for 25.  I'll probably thrown in my 6dr7s with you buying any of the recitfiers. 

Not too sure about the 6dr7's in terms of life but the rectifiers are only used for about 2-3 months so they should be okay.

May 26, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #94 of 144
Long shot, but I'm in need of a dirt cheap TOSLINK to RCA DAC, like the cheap $10-$17 ones floating around Amazon and eBay (e.g. eForCity Digital Optical Coaxial Toslink to Analog RCA Audio Converter).

I'm going to buy one from Amazon.ca, but if someone has one they want to get rid of on Saturday, please PM me and I'll buy it from you there instead.

May 27, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #95 of 144
Making up the name tags for tomorrow. I am using the list below:

monoglycer
psgarcha92
Zida
ambchang
charliex
nephilim32
robink
banannerz
shotgunz
old music lover
cs098
darksyde
oogabooga
ngya
blueangel2323
k00zk0
sirisaac
peak
tylerchris
primenexus
shirazir
rossymusic4
jrham
FallenAngel

Any other additions please have to me before 7pm tonight. Thanks! - jrham

May 27, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #97 of 144
A few quick things! First of all, thank you again for organizing this. My father is not a member on head-fi but would very much like to come. He attended along with me at the 2010 (I believe it was) meet. His name is Brian.

Bryan, it's great to see that you'll be attending! I'm sorry to hear about your health, but it will be excellent to see you again after so many years. +1 on the HP1000 request, and I'd like to add another for the HD800. You can play a pivotal role in my corruption; I may buy a pair after the meet tomorrow if I like them :D

Cheers!

May 27, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #100 of 144
Something you haven't seen before
wink.gif

If its balanced (and has a volume control), we can try it out with my Wire (which I need to redo the casework for... or just use FPE... or just get a 3D printer...) 

May 27, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #102 of 144
Hello all.

Sorry again to say, but the 28th can't work with me cause I am working out of town this weekend. :frowning2:
The good news is this job I'm doing will allow me to come into a bit of extra $$ so you know waft that means...yes...more audio toys. :)
I have a very keen eye on the Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse and most likely will be buying this pure vacuum tube amp by the middle of June, so by the next HiFi meet I will definitely bring mr. Woo along with my AK Jr and fan favourite The SubPac (fun massage chair of bass!) lol.

Anyway. Have a great time everyone and I will see you guys at the next meet.
Post some good pics, so I can cry for what I missed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And thank you to Mr. Ham for making the name tags, Pavel for hosting and being as cool as ever and to Brian, for I hope your convalescing greatly.

Catch you later my fellow audio nerdz. :wink:

May 27, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #103 of 144
woot just finished modding my soundmagic hp-150, sounds so much better now :p 

Will be bringing it to the meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back