GS1000 sn 112 (arrived today)
May 23, 2006 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 171

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't think I'll have the patience to wait for a full burnin time...

I find this a 701 sister... similar "school" even if american production, very impressive at the first listening... but, but, but...

...not for highest headphones listener (IMHO).

(Tested with Cary)

May 23, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
I don't think I'll have the patience to wait for a full burnin time...

I find this a 701 sister... similar "school" even if american production, very impressive at the first listening... but, but, but...

(Tested with Cary)

Headphone opinions before burn are pretty useless. Congrats on the phone, now let them run for a couple of weeks. Then give an opinion.
icon10.gif

you've already drawn the conclusion that they aren't for the highest headphone listener. Whatever that means? You listen while your high?

May 23, 2006 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N
How did you get yours as quick as that?

BTW how's the Cary doing?

A friend of mine (american) helped me to buy the cans.

The Cary is the finest headphones amp I have tried (HD650)! (Tung sol round plate and WE).

May 23, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
Headphone opinions before burn are pretty useless. Congrats on the phone, now let them run for a couple of weeks. Then give an opinion.
icon10.gif

you've already drawn the conclusion that they aren't for the highest headphone listener. Whatever that means? You listen while your high?

As I said, I do not need any burnin... waiting for a miracle that do not can be in any way! The same was with the K701, but this is just my personal opinion and I don't want to sacrify the Cary that sound AMAZING with my HD650.

May 23, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
The Cary is the finest headphones amp I have tried...

Hmmm, i think it's not the first time i read that...
tongue.gif

Hey Nik congrats! You're maybe the first European guy owning this Grado headphone! Man, you're crazy!!
wink.gif

Can you elaborate about the sound? Too much bass? Treble spike or not?
evil_smiley.gif

Thanks.

May 23, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik

(Tested with Cary)

I don't know. After 7 or 8 drinks almost any headphone sounds pretty good to me.
gs1000.gif

Cary model?

May 23, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #8 of 171
congraturations Nik.
Please post impressions ( and k701 comparo , why not ) as you take some confidence with them ..

and remember to shot me a pm when you are going to sell them , if this ever happens

May 23, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #9 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
As I said, I do not need any burnin... waiting for a miracle that do not can be in any way! The same was with the K701, but this is just my personal opinion and I don't want to sacrify the Cary that sound AMAZING with my HD650.

So, buy a cheap tuner or hook to a sound card to burn in. I don't use my source to burn in either.

So, you won't burn in, but you don't like the sound
confused.gif
confused.gif

What Cary model BTW. I have the 308T - I should show you respect though - I play classical guitar too
icon10.gif

May 23, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #10 of 171
I read (just now) the headroom impression about the GS1000... I totaly agree with them. I can hear the treble enphasis, the timbre are not so accurate as the HD650. The cans is a very good one, very light and confortable to fit, very airy and detailed, but (for me) a bit fatiguin in long listening. May be with the more appropriate amp you will have a very good sound.

With my Cary CAD 300-SEI I prefer the HD650 (A LOT !!!).

I think that the new Grado is a very good cans... but not for all. Those who like the 701 or Qualia or SA5000, surely will love the GS1000 a lot or even more than these other cans.

With Cary/HD650 that I call DBO (dynamic big orpheus) I'm arrived at the end of my story...

Yes, I know that Nik is a mad headfier, but you must admit that this is the first time I don't like the newest esoteric cans and I prefer a humble HD650...

May 23, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #11 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Yes, I know that Nik is a mad headfier, but you must admit that this is the first time I don't like the newest esoteric cans and I prefer a humble HD650...

ouch that's true ..
the world is changing ..

May 23, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #12 of 171
Man, SINERGY is all... wen you find the best can for the best amp, you will be in paradise. You are right: another world...
tongue.gif

May 23, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #13 of 171
absolutely agree on this ..
Quote:

Originally Posted by me
[size=xx-small]and btw ( I'm team source and ) team synergy , that is : panasonic ct470+koss ksc35 can sound better then homecdp source + amp + hd650
lol
but true [/size]

May 23, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #14 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
With Cary/HD650 that I call DBO (dynamic big orpheus) I'm arrived at the end of my story...

No, no, Nik you're not arrived yet...You know the circle will not be completed without...Guess what?
icon10.gif

Damn! now i agree with you, HD650 + 300B = PURE MAGIC; Orpheus crusher, at least for rock, pop and rap.

May 23, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #15 of 171
OMG, if for one time Nik is agree with Mastergill... really I'm at the end of my story !
tongue.gif

But, YES 300B/HD650 only purest music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back