GS Audio Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #1,231 of 1,414
I really thought/hoped the X was gonna have plenty more bass than it has! Its definitely looking like the ST4 is for me but I'm just gonna wait to see how the GD3C turn's out and then make my decision?
Could you do me a favour and see how the ST4's High-Mids & Treble responds to EQ? The darkness is the ONLY thing that puts me off ST4 but if it responds well to EQ would probably make my mind up to pull the trigger? Also, i know its BA Bass but is it possible to get a mild rumble from ST4? Thanx in advance for the help its much appreciated and Happy New Year my friend👍
The ST series uses better drivers for bass. The 38 series sub bass driver they use costs twice as much as the 38 series in the GT line so if bass is important you're better off going for something in the ST line. I think the ST8B has a pretty nice looking graph if that's in your price range. The GD and SD lines all use the same DD for sub bass and will probably be the best choice for bass so you can consider those as well. The gd5, gd3a and gd3c have nice looking graphs to me. Some of the SD iems have okay looking graphs, albeit a bit sharp. Their treble curves remind me of some fearless audio, Sennheiser and Sony iems.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #1,232 of 1,414
The ST series uses better drivers for bass. The 38 series sub bass driver they use costs twice as much as the 38 series in the GT line so if bass is important you're better off going for something in the ST line. I think the ST8B has a pretty nice looking graph if that's in your price range. The GD and SD lines all use the same DD for sub bass and will probably be the best choice for bass so you can consider those as well. The gd5, gd3a and gd3c have nice looking graphs to me. Some of the SD iems have okay looking graphs, albeit a bit sharp. Their treble curves remind me of some fearless audio, Sennheiser and Sony iems.
Thanx for the advice its much appreciated👍 in terms of the different models the reason I'm so Intrested in the ST4 is i don't own a pure BA IEM and really want to add one to my collection but, as I'm a Basshead i want the best BA Bass possible and the ST4 on other ST & SE range have the Sonion 38D series which as far as i know is the best Low Frequency BA? The ST4 also has the Classic Knowles 22955 Low Frequency BA & Sonion 23 Series which are some of the best BA's available which is why I'm 99% Possitive the ST4 is for me? As far as the ST8B is concerned i would love to try/own it but i have just purchased the UM MEST MK2 so its a bit more than i would like to spend at the moment! The only reason i havnt pulled the trigger on the ST4 is because i want to se if they implement a new Dynamic Driver in the GD3C and tune it to RikudouGoku target curve? If they do i will probably be all over it and pick up the ST4 later this year

Jan 8, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #1,236 of 1,414
I'm almost certain now that GS Audio 'is' OEM for Fearless Audio! Firstly, it to much of a coincidence Fearless Audio start using Dynamic Drivers at the same time GS Audio appear on the market using both BA & Dynamic Driver's!
Second, iv just read a review on Headphonics of the new Fearless Audio's Provence & Shangri-la Hybrid monitors and the way they describe the Dynamic Driver's with very fast Attack & Decay with excellent mid-bass punch and a light sub-bass rumble with great control & texture is just like everyone who own a GS Audio monitor describes their Dynamic Drivers which are very different from a normal Dynamic!

Jan 9, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #1,237 of 1,414
Well, guys, sorry if I'm bit phased out of the discussion, but it's about time I finish writing my review on GD3A. You guys are way further already and I'm way behind, but I have to take some notes to my comrades here that talks in portuguese.

GD3A isn't anything but an amazing IEM with huge value preposition. It challenges the like of the Tri Starsea, I never heard it but I almost bought one. Yeah, it's becoming progressively hard to compete on this price range and setup (1DD+2BA).

I wonder if we could get the same or similar tuning with much better internals (S series), it probably would be diminishing returns but bloody hell, they did so much right here.

And the cable is much fancier than I thought, a wonderful cable that costs 30% of the price alone. It's really crazy value that challenges the status quo.

Here is my testimonial before the actual review, who haven't bought the GD3A can do so blind-eyed, this little one is amazing.

Jan 9, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #1,238 of 1,414
Guess I should mention this here, but the CCA CRA has an edge over the GD3A...

graph - 2022-01-09T195309.235.png

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #1,239 of 1,414
Guess I should mention this here, but the CCA CRA has an edge over the GD3A...

graph - 2022-01-09T195309.235.png
Are you saying this just going off the FR Chart or have you spent some time listening to the CRA & comparing it to the GD3A? If so that is seriously impressive from a £10 monitor ill head over to AliExpress and pick one up?
I stopped buying the KZ,CCA ect.. but if you say it sound even as good as the GD3A its well worth breaking my rule lol

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #1,240 of 1,414
Are you saying this just going off the FR Chart or have you spent some time listening to the CRA & comparing it to the GD3A? If so that is seriously impressive from a £10 monitor ill head over to AliExpress and pick one up?
I stopped buying the KZ,CCA ect.. but if you say it sound even as good as the GD3A its well worth breaking my rule lol
I have listened to it, modded it a bit but still waiting for my final mod materials to come this week. Its going to sound even better than it currently is and even now its still has the edge over the GD3A.

CCA released an iem at like 14 usd that should have been priced a ton higher.

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #1,241 of 1,414
I have listened to it, modded it a bit but still waiting for my final mod materials to come this week. Its going to sound even better than it currently is and even now its still has the edge over the GD3A.

CCA released an iem at like 14 usd that should have been priced a ton higher.
WOW I will for sure pick one up your target curve is almost identical to mine so i will like it. Please tell me more about your mod and what materials i need to recreate it myself?

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #1,242 of 1,414
WOW I will for sure pick one up your target curve is almost identical to mine so i will like it. Please tell me more about your mod and what materials i need to recreate it myself?
I am using "500 mesh + 300 paper filter" right now. It is still in Semi-perfect state so stay tuned for my review and reveal of the perfected form.

(stack them both and put on the nozzle.)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002875037663.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002584484477.html

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #1,243 of 1,414
I am using "500 mesh + 300 paper filter" right now. It is still in Semi-perfect state so stay tuned for my review and reveal of the perfected form.

(stack them both and put on the nozzle.)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002875037663.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002584484477.html
Sound phenomenal ill pick it all up together. Are you gonna lay out all the instructions for the mod in the review? If not ill drop you a pm once iv recieved everything? It won't be for a while anyway I'm in the UK and it normally take 3 or 4 weeks for anything to arrive once iv purchased from AliExpress! I'm assuming the CRA has a great sub-bass response?

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #1,244 of 1,414
Sound phenomenal ill pick it all up together. Are you gonna lay out all the instructions for the mod in the review? If not ill drop you a pm once iv recieved everything? It won't be for a while anyway I'm in the UK and it normally take 3 or 4 weeks for anything to arrive once iv purchased from AliExpress!
To be clear, those linked materials are not what I expect I be using for my review (final mod version) I have another material incoming so I do suggest waiting for my confirmation.

I'm assuming the CRA has a great sub-bass response?
That is its biggest appeal together with upper-treble. :heart_eyes:

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #1,245 of 1,414
To be clear, those linked materials are not what I expect I be using for my review (final mod version) I have another material incoming so I do suggest waiting for my confirmation.

That is its biggest appeal together with upper-treble. :heart_eyes:
Sounds good👍 ill pick up the CRA and wait till youv finished tinkering and you can fill us in once finished? I knew it was the sub-bass great minds think alike😛

Users who are viewing this thread

Back