Grover Ultimate Reference
Mar 8, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #61 of 135
Has anyone compared these to the Audiogeek Nitrogens? If so, how do they compare? I'm trying to decide on which IC to buy and these two are my choices.

Mar 8, 2005 at 11:29 AM Post #62 of 135
To clarify:

Has anyone compared the Grovers to the Audiogeek Nitrogens? Not necessarily the Grover Ultimate References since they're so new and I imagine not many have heard them, but ANY of the Grovers (SR, SRII, etc) to the Nitrogens with regard to sound quality? If so, would you care to comment on the difference between these two cables? Thanks.

Mar 10, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #64 of 135
The earlier photo links are dead, so can anyone repost pics of the URs--both ICs and speaker cables? Thanks.

It appears I will have to buy a pair of the URs as well as a Nitrogen and see which I prefer of the two. Of course, this hobby being what it is, I will probably end up finding something (or alot of things) I like about each IC and keeping them both.

Mar 12, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #65 of 135
I was just curious if DA or anyone else had impressions on the speaker cables yet. I've got a pair heading my way now and am curious as to what to expect.

Mar 12, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #66 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gopher
I was just curious if DA or anyone else had impressions on the speaker cables yet. I've got a pair heading my way now and am curious as to what to expect.

Well since you already purchased a pair doesn't really matter now, you will soon find out for yourself........besides you will have no money for cables after you drop 3K on Meridian CDP
k1000smile.gif

Have no fear Grover will not let you down, all is well. The UR is slightly faster with a touch more fine detail resolved, plus the bass is tighter more neuanced. No huge difference, just refinement of previous SR model.(which was a giant killer)

I suppose I need to reload all my photos since TKAM's server crashed and destroyed all previous cable pix.....will take care of that next week.

Mar 14, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #67 of 135
yeah, yeah, yeah--I've got a couple upgrades on the way... story of my life.
tongue.gif

I'm waiting on my pair to do a more formal write up on the UR series of cables and was just curious as to how people were liking them so far.

I'm hoping this pair reaches me before next friday so I can leave them burning in on a boombox while I do springbreak for a week with my friends.

Mar 15, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #68 of 135
Just as a quick note, Grover upgraded my pre-production URs to the final version and I got them in the mail yesterday. There is a big cosmetic difference and the cables now look every bit as good as they sound. Grover's a great guy and I have a feeling that I'll be using his cables for a long time to come.

Mar 17, 2005 at 11:03 AM Post #69 of 135
Hey, I just emailed Grover's outfit with an inquiry about ordering. Should I expect a response in 48 hours or a week or more?

I had pretty much decided to get some DNM lengths with Eichmann bullet plugs until I read the grover threads. You guys should be getting commission.
tongue.gif

Mar 18, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #70 of 135
catachresis-

When I submitted a request for info about the Grover cables through the Steve Hoffman board, Grover emailed me back within a few hours.

Mar 18, 2005 at 10:09 AM Post #71 of 135
Ah man, it's been a day and no word. I'll wait til Monday and then try againg. Thanks Dejay for responding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeJayBump
catachresis-

When I submitted a request for info about the Grover cables through the Steve Hoffman board, Grover emailed me back within a few hours.

Mar 19, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #72 of 135
Just had the pleasure of meeting Grover this afternoon. I bought a pair of his reference interconnect about a week ago. It so happens we live about 15min from one another so he generously offered to personnally drop off the cables. This would give him the opportunityto compare his product to my current IC's, a pair of VH Audio Cryopulsar's with Nexgen silver RCA's. As Grover put it, this would be David vs Goliath. I am new to the headphone scene and have only had my setup for about a month, so I haven't had the opportunity to do any IC comparisons. Well today I received my first lesson in how much difference cables can make!

After listening to the croypulsars for less than a minute he asked, where are the high's? With my setup we were able to connect both pairs of cables to the Maestro, and with the same source, switch between both IC's while the music played. The Grover reference cables definitely sounded better. The VH's were heavy on the bass, lacking distinct and clear highs. Grover's cables were clearer, more balanced, and had better soundstage. They brought out the treble without sacrificing bass. I liked them so much I bought a second pair for my SDS-T amp that will arrive soon.

There may be better (and much more expensive) IC's out there, but for the money I don't see how you could beat the new Grover reference IC's. Grover definitely hit a home run with these.

Grover, thanks for building such a great pair of IC's at an affordable price
eggosmile.gif

Mar 21, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #73 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
Just as a quick note, Grover upgraded my pre-production URs to the final version and I got them in the mail yesterday. There is a big cosmetic difference and the cables now look every bit as good as they sound. Grover's a great guy and I have a feeling that I'll be using his cables for a long time to come.

I also got some of the "revised" UR interconnects, only cosmetic difference I could see was that the newer version I received has white shrink tube bands with directional arrows and Grover signature. Otherwise they seem the same unless Grover did something else, from the Hoffman website if I read between the lines seems Grover has changed silver wire used.

Anyway don't have old UR ICs now since I mailed them back to Grover, but really like what I hear with latest version. Will report more in a few days, break in almost complete.....will post pix of newest UR intersonnects.

Mar 22, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #75 of 135
DarkAngel-

Thanks for reposting pics.

For anyone who has bought any of these new UR interconnects from Grover-

How long has it taken from the time Grover received your payment until you received cables? I will be purchasing a pair of the UR ICs soon, and I want to try to get them (the URs) before my new PPAv2 arrives from Tangent so that I can allow the ICs to burn-in for a while.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back