Grover Ultimate Reference
Feb 4, 2005 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 135

jpr703

Headphoneus Supremus
Grover has come out with his new Ultimate Reference cables and is offering a great upgrade program:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...ad.php?t=47449

I've had a set of these cables for a few weeks but Grover swore me to secrecy until he was ready to officially launch them. All I'll say is that they simply have to be heard to be believed--they're that good.

Feb 4, 2005 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 135
Very good news indeed. I'm expecting a set of these to arrive any day now myself. I'm very optomistic it will be a worthwhile upgrade. I've followed grovers cables from the origional MK I non-srs (didn't catch the MK IIIs) to the Empress' and soon to be these and can honestly say that each new version has provided a definite and substantial upgrade from the previous. I know I'm excited!

Feb 4, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #3 of 135
redface.gif
.... I lost the link to his site....Has it moved to a new location?

Thanks in advance

Feb 4, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 135
Pics please??

Also, I see that it's $65 plus your old cables. Does that fee include S/H and/or PayPal? Can't remember if he takes PayPal...does he?

I also would like a link to his site. I didn't bookmark it either. Hope he's able to take orders online.

Feb 4, 2005 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 135
The best way to get in touch with him is through the Steve Hoffman forums. Follow the link on my original post and they'll be contact instructions there. You can also e-mail Grover directly at groverhuffman@hotmail.com

As for pics, I can't make any promises but I'll see what I can do. To be honest, the cables are really pretty ugly. They're jet black and have a shiny, plasticy looking jacket. The connectors are light weight and are nothing special to look at either. Grover's name and "UR" are written in over each connector with some sort of permanent marker. That's it, nothing fancy.

As for sound, that's a whole different ballpark. You will see a lot of big claims about these cables and it's easy to dismiss them as hype. They're not. These things really are fantastic and if you've ever had interest in trying out a high-end cable, you owe it to yourself to give these a shot.

Feb 4, 2005 at 7:35 PM Post #7 of 135
OMG.....new improved Grover cables!
k1000smile.gif

I have enough Grover cables now to wire my systems 2x over, but for only $65 upgrade fee looks like Grover UR are in my future.

Grover UR speaker cables may also be in my future......
tongue.gif

Feb 4, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #8 of 135
TEMPTATION!

My Empress arrive today, coincidentally. but, I might have to think about these UR for my auxillary rig(s).
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #9 of 135
Speak of the devil! The mailman JUST brought me two pairs of these bad boys. I'm gonna throw them in the rig to start burning 'em in right now!

Feb 5, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #10 of 135
Looks like I'll have some on the way too.
biggrin.gif

Biggie.

Feb 5, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #11 of 135
Just heard from him and I'll probably do the deed as well but surely one of you kind folks will take a minute and snap a pic and post it for me....PLEASE?!

Need a look at that techflex and a closeup of those connectors if not too much trouble.

Feb 5, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #12 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Just heard from him and I'll probably do the deed as well but surely one of you kind folks will take a minute and snap a pic and post it for me....PLEASE?!

I just received an e-mail from Grover telling me that he has not a picture yet but asking me to wait for a picture that will inevitably appear on Head-Fi....
blink.gif

So I'm waiting....

Amicalement

Feb 5, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #13 of 135
I can snap a shot and email it to someone if they are willing to host.

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #14 of 135
ygpm gopher, ill host

Feb 5, 2005 at 11:24 AM Post #15 of 135
Has Grover ever said what is inside these cables (What geometry, metallurgy they use)?? Does he have a website? People seem to like these cables.

Is Steve Hoffman his brother? I don't mean to be cynical but...well...you known.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back