Grossed Out By Used Phones?
Apr 13, 2006 at 9:55 AM Post #16 of 66
Ive bought 3 sets of cans 2nd hand, but IEMS? No chance, not unless they were boiled in super cleaning acid for 6 months first.

Apr 13, 2006 at 10:40 AM Post #17 of 66
All of the gear I have right now are used, lol. I could consider buying used IEMs, depending on how much its being sold for >_> *tell me you wouldn't live with a used E500 if it was going for $150-200 :0*

Apr 13, 2006 at 11:06 AM Post #18 of 66
no problems buying used here either. i will usually take the headphone apart and soak in soapy water. the pads i will throw in the washer. i don't have problems buying iems either. just get new tips and clean the body really well.

Apr 13, 2006 at 11:28 AM Post #19 of 66
I just completely scrub the things dowm, and use plenty of rubbing alcohol. You should have seen how clean my K340 got after I attacked it. Then I replaced the pads, and I am in the process of replacing the headband. Also, by modding the grill (see: removing it alltogether) I have only NEW parts touching my head.

Apr 13, 2006 at 11:33 AM Post #20 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
The girls I know would never buy anything used regardless of its condition
wink.gif

Neither would I - call me Loretta!
biggrin.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: I don't like using other people's telephones, keyboards et cetera, either... *yuck*

Apr 13, 2006 at 11:58 AM Post #25 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
Should be interesting to learn a few strategic questions you ask girls before going out....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Actually, I think the ladyfriend wouldn't like to see me asking out other girls that much, anyway...
wink.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Apr 13, 2006 at 12:11 PM Post #26 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
Actually, I think the ladyfriend wouldn't like to see me asking out other girls that much, anyway...
wink.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

biggrin.gif

Sorry but I had this kind of picture in mind reading your previous post:

[size=large]Yep this one is good......[/size]

http://www.johnholtstudio.com/adm/ph...atingRoom1.jpg

amicalement

Apr 13, 2006 at 12:41 PM Post #27 of 66
Hm, I think as tips on IEMs are "consumable material", ergo you'd buy new ones at some point anyway, I don't think I'd have trouble with used IEMs. In fact they are small and have no pads that can get soggy & smelly from body oils, styling products... just replace the tips and carefully clean off the body with some disinfectant. I'd have more trouble with full size cans since the pads are more expensive to replace if at all, especially the leather ones.

Apr 13, 2006 at 1:02 PM Post #28 of 66
I see nothing wrong with buying either headphones or IEMs used.

You can buy what we in the business call 'new tips' for the IEMs.

Apr 13, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #29 of 66
All things being equal, I'd RATHER buy new. But if what I'd wanted was out of production or sold here at a wildly unbeatable price, then I suppose buying from this forum would be the safest bet at that.

Apr 13, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #30 of 66
I bought some used E2c's and couldn't be happier. They arrived in perfect condition from the guy I bought them from, who had already cleaned everything, and then I just threw the whole lot (except the phones) in hydrogen peroxide anyway just to make sure everything was gone. Really, you don't have much to worry about, especially with the filter things these E2c's have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back