Grossed Out By Used Phones?
Apr 14, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #61 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
Yes! I do. I have my own routine - pull the paper towel lever first before washing my hands, then you can just grab the towel without having to touch that nasty, sometimes-wet lever. Then of course use the towel on the door handle. Is this weird?

Not realy. But weird is waiting for somebody to open the door for you when no paper towel is available...
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Apr 14, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #63 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf
scabies%20mite.jpg

Scabies_LifeCycle.gif

I don't do it...

YUM MAN! I'LL HAVE DINNER NOW!
biggrin.gif

There is a very good reason why the human eye has such limited resolution... if people could see what is going on on their skin, in their hair, or the mattress they sleep on you'd have to book early for your place in the mental asylum
biggrin.gif
In fact we use too much disinfectants already. A lot of allergies & skin diseases are caused by hygiene taken too far. Out bodies need a lot of those little creatures we love to kill so much, we are symbionts.

Apr 14, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #64 of 66
i bought a pair of used IEM's here, haven't had a problem.

i changed the filter and the eartips with new ones after a week when they came in

Apr 14, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #65 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by guynamedjohn
I mentioned to my wife that I was looking at used headphones, and she said "eewwwww". I'd thought it before, but never expressed it so eloquently.

I'd buy used cans, but I'd probably draw the line at canal-phones.

Anyone else grossed out?

Not sure if your wife goes to the movies or pushes shopping carts around, but headrests and cart handles are about 1000 times more filthy than a pair of single-owner headphones ever could be. Unless, of course, the previous owner dipped them in their toilet--and even then, it'd be close.

Apr 15, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #66 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I think its a woman - thing... My wife NEVER buys anything used. She would pay more to have a lower quality / entry level item thats new, instead of a used top of the line.

I am all for buying used electronics of ebay and such, but I was kind of uneasy buying some HD-202's off ebay used. Though for $10 shipped, I couldn't pass it up. I just busted out some isopropyl alcohol and cleaned up well. Too bad the alcohol didn't clean up the sound. Those cans bite arse. They are on a shelf collecting dust...oh well, they are still cooler than a $10 bill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back