Grossed Out By Used Phones?
Apr 13, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #46 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyk
Hmmm!

How amny of us, or our partners, would decline a dentist or surgeon using their equipment on our bodies, despite the fact that some of it will have been used far more intimately on others?

I know........ it's all been sterilised, but how well? Sorry, I'm not trying to offend the true professionals here, which undoubtedly most are. Just throwing a different perspective on the angle of all things used.

I think like most things if you sanatise your purchase you should have little to worry about.

Enjoy your audio.

I used to swim around in someone's NUT SACK! The swimming pool was *so small* It was so crowded, like 1+ million of us. It also tasted funny... like salty buttermilk.

Then I lived a year of my life inside someone! I would only be able to eat food that was chewed already.
What's some earwax on earphones going to do to me? I don't fear that. No weak sauce on my steak, thank you. I'm a survivor!

Apr 13, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #47 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS
In order to buy headphones/other stuff...

I even get used underwear/socks/shirts/pants

icon10.gif
icon10.gif

How about loaner helmets at a go-kart track.
You want to be the 10th or 20th in line for a really sweaty helmet?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #48 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Otto
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

How about loaner helmets at a go-kart track.
You want to be the 10th or 20th in line for a really sweaty helmet?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah! Motorcycle helmets that have been worn through 2 winters in the UK by 8 different colleagues and are impregnated in the salt off the roads. They really used to suck! (Stunk too!)

Apr 13, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #49 of 66
Or sweaty rental rollerskates! Or bowling shoes!

Yuck!.....think I'll just stay home, lock the doors and keep my cans to myself!!

----------------

Funny how we normally don't think much about these things!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #51 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyk
Yeah! Motorcycle helmets that have been worn through 2 winters in the UK by 8 different colleagues and are impregnated in the salt off the roads. They really used to suck! (Stunk too!)

Speaking of motorcycle helmits.

Got a lot of salt off the roads in mine too! Got my current helmet back in '73 when I bought my Triumph Trident while living up north.(still have the bike AND the helmit)

The helmet dosen't get used "quite" as often these days since hemets aren't required to be worn by grown-ups in the state of Florida.

Of course, forget your seat belt in your car and you "could" get prison time!

That's as sick as rented roller skates!!

Apr 13, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #53 of 66
Hmmm, because of this thread I realized that the only pair of headphones I bought new were my KSC35's. Everything used.
tongue.gif
I got a discount on my SR225 because they were a demo pair. Is that considered used? Hmmm I guess.
icon10.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #54 of 66
I was going to say that...wearing pre-owned headphones is probably not the most unhygienic pastime that one could enjoy in a diverse and interesting lifetime.
Then I read this:
Quote:

I used to swim around in someone's NUT SACK! The swimming pool was *so small* It was so crowded, like 1+ million of us. It also tasted funny... like salty buttermilk.

Then I lived a year of my life inside someone! I would only be able to eat food that was chewed already.
What's some earwax on earphones going to do to me? I don't fear that. No weak sauce on my steak, thank you. I'm a survivor!

LMAO - classic
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #56 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk
Yeah, sweaty helmets are nasty - I'm a racer so I have my own
smily_headphones1.gif
Also have my own neck brace too.

Used underwear? Come on now, that IS gross.

No loaner helmets for me either.

The used underwear is downright funny.

Apr 13, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #57 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by allenf
I was going to say that...wearing pre-owned headphones is probably not the most unhygienic pastime that one could enjoy in a diverse and interesting lifetime.

LMAO - classic
biggrin.gif

Yep, you pick up more germs/diseases shaking peoples hands, opening public doors, and other daily tasks than you ever would using used heaphones (even unwashed).

Apr 14, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #58 of 66
Quote:

Ummmm,salty buttermilk? How would you know that? Ummm...ok,on second thought,dont answer that!
eek.gif

Also,,how many pick their nose and use a rented bowling ball?
Do you use the paper towel that you dried your hands with after washing,to open a public bathroom door on your way out?

Apr 14, 2006 at 7:17 AM Post #59 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n
Do you use the paper towel that you dried your hands with after washing,to open a public bathroom door on your way out?

Yes! I do. I have my own routine - pull the paper towel lever first before washing my hands, then you can just grab the towel without having to touch that nasty, sometimes-wet lever. Then of course use the towel on the door handle. Is this weird? I don't know, but I don't have any problems with used headphones so I'm at least somewhat normal.

Apr 14, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #60 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n

Yes.

But why do so many people leave the
paper towel hanging on the door handle?
I see this almost every day at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back