greatest rock voice?
Oct 20, 2004 at 10:14 PM Post #31 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
Judging from your avatar I would've thought Ozzy would be in the mix there somewhere?
wink.gif

If we are talking about pure vocal talent, Ozzy would not be in my top ten, but he is and will always be my favorite singer.

Oct 20, 2004 at 10:44 PM Post #33 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by KtoEto
Layne Stanley (Alice In Chains) in "Would?".
Awesome!

QFT

I'm going to have to say this:

Best Voice: Maynard James Keenan [Tool, A Perfect Circle ] (Parabola, Three Libras)
Coolest Sounding Voice: Layne Staley [Alice in Chains, Mad Season] (Sea of Sorrow, Bleed the Freak)
Best Screamer: Chris Cornell [Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog] ( The Day I Tried to Live, Hunger Strike)
Badass Voice: David Draiman [Disturbed] (Voices, Remember)
Highest Pitched Voice: Cedric Zavala [The Mars Volta] (Drunkenship of Lanterns... about 5:20 in...
eek.gif
)

Oct 21, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #37 of 112
Jeff Buckley of course.

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #39 of 112
Maynard James Keenan

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:25 AM Post #40 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by KtoEto
Layne Stanley (Alice In Chains) in "Would?".
Awesome!

AGREED!!!!!! what about the unplugged album totally their finest moment especially the "would" set. Totally underated IMO

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #41 of 112
I've always been partial to David Clayton Thomas and Burton Cummings.

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:31 AM Post #42 of 112
Freddie Mercury indeed had an amazing vocal range, and his singing always sounded effortless despite getting close to its extremes quite frequently. Another few outstanding rock voices for me are Sheryl Crow's, Sting's, Bono's, the voices from Tool/Perfect Circle, from Audioslave, and from Metallica.

Technically speaking I wouldn't put Ozzy Osborne's voice among the greatest of rock, but no doubt his is one of the most easily recognizable voices of rock.

Oct 21, 2004 at 5:32 AM Post #45 of 112
John Lennon is my winner, with Jeff Buckley a close second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back