greatest rock screamer?
Apr 25, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #16 of 77
Roger Daltry was the first to come to mind, but several of the others mentioned here are excellent as well: Steven Tyler and Jim Morrison especially.

Apr 25, 2005 at 12:02 PM Post #25 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu
Hell no! Bruce Dickinson! Damn you priest fans!
wink.gif

hear hear!!! BRUCIE BRUCIE!!!
icon10.gif

not to diss all you Priest fans, but i always thought Rob Halford is a great screecher (not that there's anything wrong with that), and yeah.. he can definitely hit those ultra high notes, but Bruce Dickinson can SING those high notes. to me Bruce Dickinson is a better singer because he's so operatic in his delivery. just my opinion of course...
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #26 of 77
I'm gona have to give the girl rockers some recognition by picking Janis Joplin. She's the only singer I actually like to hear screaming.

Apr 25, 2005 at 1:40 PM Post #27 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
I don't listen to very much "screaming" music, but I have to say that I like Zach de la Rocha's scream a lot more than Maynard's.

Yeah old MJ does'nt scream that much but he's a little better then zach imo.
I don't know if it counts as a scream but what chris cornell does sounds pretty good also. *Ok I'm shuting up*
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #28 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcolbeck
Definately Ian Gillan...

Pat

Most definitely Ian Gillan (of 'Machine Head'/'Made in Japan' era Deep Purple, for those who don't know). Listen to "Child In Time" from 'In Rock'... the main vocal "riff' is a scream. and let's not forget that Gillan voiced the role of Christ on the original 'Jesus Christ Superstar' recording.
600smile.gif

Apr 25, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #29 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kikkoman
I'm gona have to give the girl rockers some recognition by picking Janis Joplin. She's the only singer I actually like to hear screaming.

Yeah,I had forgottin Joplin,she could really scream.Saw her live back in the day(showing my age here)and she was amazing!I don't see how she had any vocal chords left after that show.

Apr 25, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #30 of 77
what? this isn't even a contest!

Mike Patton leaves everyone in his dust. everyone.

B000002LPW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back