Greatest Guitarists...according to Rolling Stone
Dec 1, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #61 of 91

Quote:
The live Cliffs Of Dover is amazing. Not even a Michael Shenker (UFO, he did Rock Bottom with just percussion, bass, vocal, and his guitar, amazing) and Ted Nugent. And Neal Schon of Journey.

Cat Scratch Fever...the Nuge should be on the list IMO. Good catch.

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #62 of 91
Rush is a personal favorite for me too. Pretty excited about Sectors. :wink:

Quote:
beerchug.gif
for mentioning YYZ (Rush is one of my favourite bands of all time).

Maybe I'm just a homer....YYZ=Toronto for international flights.

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #65 of 91
Dec 1, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #66 of 91
This is the sort of dross you get when you do "top guitarists by committee". You get roger mcguinn because,you know, he had that 12 string sound. And you get tom morello because well, you know, he did that record scratch thing with the guitar.
Not enough room for the amazing but unheralded players. Just the ones you can describe with one soundbite.

My additions:
Leo Kottke
Rory Gallagher
Neal Schon (for his santana stuff not the journey stuff)
Chuck Schuldiner (if a list only had room for one metal guitarist, i cant see how you can leave him out, period)

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #67 of 91
I saw Rush a few times way back in the '70s. Pat Travers would always open for them, he's pretty good too
beerchug.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #68 of 91

Quote:
I saw Rush a few times way back in the '70s. Pat Travers would always open for them, he's pretty good too
beerchug.gif

I saw them in the '80s, 90s and most recently last summer (one of my favourite top 5 bands of all time)...I was a bit too young to see them in the '70s though 
tongue.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #71 of 91

Quote:
I saw them in the '80s, 90s and most recently last summer (one of my favourite top 5 bands of all time)...I was a bit too young to see them in the '70s though 
tongue.gif

Well it was the late '70's... and I was still quite the minor 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back