Great Sounding, Portable Headphones?
Dec 10, 2012 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

QuezRoe

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new to the forum and have been doing some reading and after reading I'm Convinced that beats would be a horrible decision. So I need help deciding on some super durable, extremely portable headphones. I'm a dancer, mostly hiphop, and I practice at home late nights so headphones are ideal. They need to sound great, but cant be TOO heavy, and are sort of tight on my head. Any suggestions?

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 8
The beyerbynamic DT1350. Given your use though, I second the HD25-1-II. Bulletproof, light, tight clamping, outstanding out of an iPod or similar. Did I mention bulletproof? Seriously, unless you go to in ear monitors that actually stay in your ears, I don't think you can beat the HD25-1-ii's. don't get the slightly less costly version in my opinion, and for hard use, I wouldn't pony up for the amperiors either. HD-25-1-ii's. you can find them used in the FS section pretty regular for around $150 +/-

Dec 10, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #5 of 8
Thank you so much for the help. But, what if I was able to purchase A pair of Amperior's for A little over $200?
The beyerbynamic DT1350. Given your use though, I second the HD25-1-II. Bulletproof, light, tight clamping, outstanding out of an iPod or similar. Did I mention bulletproof? Seriously, unless you go to in ear monitors that actually stay in your ears, I don't think you can beat the HD25-1-ii's. don't get the slightly less costly version in my opinion, and for hard use, I wouldn't pony up for the amperiors either. HD-25-1-ii's. you can find them used in the FS section pretty regular for around $150 +/-

Dec 10, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Thank you so much for the help. But, what if I was able to purchase A pair of Amperior's for A little over $200?

Looks like Amazon has them listed at $349.  $200 in good shape sounds like a deal to me!

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/most-excellent-sennheiser-amperior-and-hd-25-1-ii

Just in case you hadn't seen that one.

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #7 of 8
 I second the DT1350 over the HD25-IIs. The DT1350 is far more refined and neutral, has more detail, more treble, and much better bass. It's also built better than the HD25-II, far better. The DT1350 is almost entirely made of nextel-coated aluminum. There are only two plastic parts on it and one of them is the underside of the headband. 

They're more expensive but the DT1350 is far better. However I would <not> suggest it as your first headphone because it will put any offerings below (and some at) its price to shame.

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #8 of 8
If you're a hip hop fan, then we'd be silly not to recommend the V-MODA M100s...absolutely awesome for hip hop and pop/dance music.  Fairly light, built like a tank, really comfy and extremely portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back