Gran Turismo 4 - wOOt!!
Mar 12, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #136 of 175
The downright evil 900k Europe championship that soupy mentioned .... over and over and over and....
tongue.gif

Mar 12, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #137 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
There's a second one in there? How did you get it!?!?!? The one I got you can just buy at the dealership but you can't use it in any of the races because it's considered a "special" car.

I mean a real one LOL

Mar 12, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #138 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
I must really suck at this game. I think I'm on day 70 or 80. I've still only bought one car, though I've just about maxed it out except in tires. I can't for the life of me pass the tuned car race series in the pro events. I'm slower than they are on the straights, I'm slower than they are in the corners. Wth. What kinda super car do I need to pass this CLASS A license series??? I even put it on auto so that my shifting skills are taken out of the equation and I'm still slower than they are in the straights. I've got a Lancer Evo VI with roughly 460 hp, though it says 504 or something in the replays. I can barely make it into the middle of the pack at the beginning of the races with nos and it's all downhill from that point on. Best I ever did was 18 seconds behind the last car.

I haven't won any decent cars as prizes. Got a 402hp RX7 that handles and accelerates like mud. I got the full custom transmission for it because the 1/4 mile was considerably slower than my lancer and I wanted to make the gear ratios larger. What do you know? Every single setting on the full customize tranny is slower than the cheaper tranny. In fact...I get my best time with the full custom tranny with the ratio set to the smallest, maxed out for top speed. Sure I guess I save a gear shift......but changing the gear ratio to the point where I just barely don't have to make the gear change doesn't yield the fastest 1/4 mile time. That sucked. I still get the fastest 1/4 mile time with the cheaper tranny.

I knew I should have gone with the WRX in the beginning. At least I could enter the boxer spirit series in addition to the awd series. Bah.

What are you guys doing to make so much money?

Dude I'm with you. But I'm having fun. B/A liscences working on the IB.

Mar 12, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #139 of 175
Haha, you're gonna hate me for this, but my first car was the Suburu Impreza WRX STi Spec-C. This thing is a beast, and is still my favorite car to drive. It's more fun to drive than my Ford GT.

Mine's now fully upgraded, but I beat the tuning car thing when it wasn't. It was fast enough. The thing has crazy acceleration.

And if you're wondering where I get all my money, look at the Suburu specific races. The second one gets you 75,000 for winning all the races and championship, and it's dead easy. I think the fastest car in there is a barely modified 99 Impreza WRX. I just stick it on B-Spec mode and the comp easily beats them.

Oh wait, you bought that crappy lancer instead.
tongue.gif

lol, jk. I'd try looking at the Mitsubishi specific races. I think there's an Evolution meeting you could enter, and you would easily win it with a nearly fully modified Evo IV. I dunno how much it pays though. Look at the Japanese races too. There's a lot more you can enter besides stuff in the beginners and pro's.

EDIT: What's the German Race trick that gets you 900,000? I haven't heard of this. I might need to go buy that BMW I've been eyeing. The new 3-series is so hot.

Mar 12, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #140 of 175
On the New York race on B-spec, I was hitting the push button down the straights and the fast button on the turns, but maybe I needed to hit steady.

Ooheadsoo, I used a Lancer Evo and finally won a Nissan 400R which I used to win other races and got a 350Z LM race car. I tried a Suburu WRX in the boxer race and got my ass handed to me by the RUFs.

Are you breaking early and gunning it through the turns?

Do the 90's Japanese race and win the 400R. Also you should try the Special Condition race (the second one) a few times and you will get a $265K car that you can sell and win over and over.

Mar 12, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #141 of 175
Suburu WRX should be able to win Boxer. I did it with mine, and I don't think it was fully upgraded. As long as you have the necessities, like transmission, suspension, drivetrain, and horsepower stuff like muffler, racing chip, and stage 1 or 2 turbo kit, you should be able to win it.

Mar 12, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #142 of 175
The best I did was come in 2nd place behind the RUF. I am not a great driver by any means.

edit: 900K trick: Win a Mercedes Touring Car from one of the Mercedes Races and enter it in the German Touring Car Championship (DTM) and B-Spec the race if you want and win a 700K BMW Race Car with 100K of prized money. It takes less than a half hour and you can speed up the time to 3X in B-spec. Easy Money, but you have to buy an expensive Mercedes first.

Mar 12, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #143 of 175
I posted a decent way of making it to a nice car fast. Probably not the best but it's what I did. Win the IA license I think it was, (or whatever the one is that gives you a skyline). Mod the skyline to the max if you can afford it. Win the turbo race and mod the car you get from that as much as needed to win the first of the Japanese championship things (I think, this is all off memory), and this race will give you the 350z Race Car, which will then quickly get you wherever you need to go.

Mar 12, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #144 of 175
Wahoo...

I've been playing GT4 for a couple of days now (was only released in the UK on Wednesday)... and have nearly completed my IA license...

The thing is, how long does it adjust to using a wheel? - for the whole time that I played GT3 (up to about 75% comlete), GT4P, and now GT4 i've always used the control pad...

...I don't really want to re-educate myself, if it is a big transition... but, I presume that i'm missing out on quite a lot of the experience?

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2005 at 8:30 AM Post #145 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by lextek
Dude I'm with you. But I'm having fun. B/A liscences working on the IB.

I got my iB license first thing I did in the game - what pisses me off is that I can't even beat the A races, much less the iB races. Man, you're in for some bad times
biggrin.gif

Thanks, highflyin9 and meat on the tips for the german thing. What race is it that gives the 350z LM? I actually beat the first Japan race but stupid b spec placed me 2nd in one race and 5th in the other because it spun out about 5 times and then proceded to do its patented 5 point turn. I beat the individual races placing first manually, but I'm going to have to do the tourney again.

It costs so much money to fully mod a car, I don't think I will start from scratch again until I can do some kind of money trick. I must have spent $200k on my evo vi and I don't have the rigid body and all the tires yet. I have everything else except for some things I don't want like the variable torque super soft racing tires that no race will let me use yet.

Mar 12, 2005 at 9:31 AM Post #146 of 175
The variable torque thing is awesome, you should definitely get that. Adjusting the distribution of the power to the wheels on a four wheel drive car is very useful. You make it handle like an FR car for better drifing, yet it still has grip on the front wheels.

As far as tires, just get medium racing. That's all you should need, especially with a 4WD car. You shouldn't have any traction problems, and they provide a good balance of longevity and grip.

Mar 12, 2005 at 10:21 AM Post #147 of 175
After waaaaaaaaaaaay too much B-Specing on the DTM series, I finally got to day 694 with enough credits (I had somewhere around 10 million, I think) and bought those 4 black LM cars... looks awesome, but not sure I want to drive them. Now I need to go win another Formula Gran Turismo...

~KS

Mar 13, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #149 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by GokieKS
After waaaaaaaaaaaay too much B-Specing on the DTM series, I finally got to day 694 with enough credits (I had somewhere around 10 million, I think) and bought those 4 black LM cars... looks awesome, but not sure I want to drive them.

You gotta run em through the chassis re-stiffening and change the oil because they're full of miles. They are sweet looking tho
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #150 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikerTek
Suburu WRX should be able to win Boxer. I did it with mine, and I don't think it was fully upgraded. As long as you have the necessities, like transmission, suspension, drivetrain, and horsepower stuff like muffler, racing chip, and stage 1 or 2 turbo kit, you should be able to win it.

I used a WRX as well, I initially tried it with a RUF but the handling wasn't so hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back