Graham Slee Voyager : The End of Audio Voyage?(Appreciation Thread)
Jun 28, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #16 of 71
I'm not sure if it was the caps on my LOD or the Voyager. For a period of time the sound got kinda thin and less warm; higher end sounded sharper than usual. Plus the Contour didn't do much, it didn't add the usual amount of body and richness to the sound.

Must be one of those periods...

I might as well ask. Before the batteries die out, does it affect the sound? There was a time I switched batteries after noise and siblance started crawling in, and it went away; but the LED was still glowing pretty well.

Jun 30, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #19 of 71
Hi..I'm a Voyager owner based in the UK...my spec is :

SFLO2 lo to Voyager to UETF10's

I know its been mentioned in various reviews that the voyager isn't at its best linked to balanced armature like my UE's. Has anyone got any suggestions on other IEM's that work well with the voyager?

This isn't to suggest I'm disappointed with my setup but I'm intrigued to find out if I'm not making the best out of the SFLO2  lo and Voyager combo.

Cheers,

Mark. 

Jul 1, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #20 of 71
When I suggested that the Voyager wasn't the best for balanced armatures, I meant that you'd not be getting flat performance anymore from the Voyager. It still sounds amazing. In fact, with contour, some earphones that I didn't care for with other amps, come alive. the CK100 and the Final Audio 1601 are two examples of earphones that work really well with the voyager. 

The Voyager packs a punch and sounds great with my DJ1Pro and any dynamic based iem out there. 

Jul 1, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #22 of 71
I bought the Voyager as I am biased toward UK gear.
smile_phones.gif
I would love to try various set ups but I have no available funds and find myself "stuck" with the Voyager and IE8's. Not really a bad place to be stuck?
smile_phones.gif
Sometimes you have to be grateful for what you have.
cool.gif

Aug 15, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #26 of 71
I have owned my Voyager for about a month and it's still burning in. It drives my Grado SR60i's very well indeed and reveals lots of detail in the music.
My source is a 30Gb 5th Gen iPod video loaded with Apple Lossless files. The iPod's dock connector feeds the Voyager.
It's a very well engineered bit of kit and should last a lifetime!
Cheers,
Ian

Aug 15, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #27 of 71
I know this is the appreciation thread but I've got to say I really didn't like the Voyager. I owned it for about 4 months & couldn't wait to get rid of it. At the time I was running it through either an iMod or through an Auzentech Prelude & paired it with the K701, HD650, UE-11, SE530 & the ER4-S.

Coldn't get on with it with any of those so swiftly sold it on.

Sorry guys!

Aug 15, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #28 of 71
I do not dispute, Voyager is a remarkable amp, but not for highly sensitive IEM's, because it simply deafening.
Quote:
And you base your statement on what? Ray's amps are IMO very nice but so is the Voyager and yes I have owned both. So next time do not make such statements w/o basis to do so.

Aug 15, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #29 of 71

Quote:
I know this is the appreciation thread but I've got to say I really didn't like the Voyager. I owned it for about 4 months & couldn't wait to get rid of it. At the time I was running it through either an iMod or through an Auzentech Prelude & paired it with the K701, HD650, UE-11, SE530 & the ER4-S.

Coldn't get on with it with any of those so swiftly sold it on.

Sorry guys!

Hey, it's ok...as they say, different strokes with different folks. Hope you find a more compatible amp!

Aug 15, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #30 of 71
I always found the SE530 to be one off the best unamped iem's ,What does the contour switch do ? thanks

Quote:
My first and currently the only amp!! (for the moment atleast
biggrin.gif
).....Looks pretty ghetto!!! Pretty much brought my SE530's to life with the contour switch!!!!  Its like a match made in heaven!!

Thanks to the many reviews from headfiers, I was able to decide on my purchase and love every bit of it!!

OT:  Just ordered a pair of HD650's but I'm not sure if they have the power to drive it acceptably!! Anyone here tried them with the Voyager?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back