Graham Slee Voyager : The End of Audio Voyage?(Appreciation Thread)
Jul 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #62 of 71
Great Amp. Full of power. Is this the destiny of the small independent maker just to have a bit of initial interest and fade away. If it does it's a terrible shame because this is, although a little eccentric looking is a great amp. 

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #63 of 71
Yes this is one hell of a powerful amp. Drove my AKG K702's with real ease. I'm sorry that there's not more talk about it. Maybe it's a little eccentric in design? I wonder why interest isn't more current?

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #64 of 71
I have a Graham Slee Voyager. It is a very neutral and transparent amplifier, with enough power to drive my 300 Ohm HD540 Reference II to very adequate listening levels. It's an excellent piece of equipment.

Feb 22, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #65 of 71
Fabulous Amp, I've had it for over 18 months now so fully burned in.

Love it with Grado GR10's, it also works wonders with my B&W P7's

Gives my Iphone 5 with AmpliFlac a fantastic sonic bump.

Andrew

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #66 of 71
I've got the Graham slee voyager and it's a beautiful sounding amp with line out from my iPod through a Russ Andrews silver cable, I've just got the colour fly c4 on loan listening to high res tracks through my sennheiser ie 800 in ear phones,I actually prefer the sound of my iPod voyager to the colourfly c4, the colourfly wipes the floor with my iPod straight out the headphone socket but the voyager changes so much, be interesting to see what the new sony high res player coming out in march will sound like through the voyager?

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #67 of 71
Just a quick note to inform any UK-based audio enthusiasts that I shall be attending the Graham Slee Roadshow in Aylesbury UK on the 29th May 2014. For those who don't already know, Graham Slee is a manufacturer of truly high-fidelity audio products and anyone can sign up to attend this event, free of charge. Please come along if you can and show your support for highest-fidelity audio. Anyone who is interested must sign up at GSPAudio to be sent a pass in the post. Those without a pass will not be permitted to enter the venue. Thanks.

Mar 30, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #68 of 71
any news on the Super Voyager? Graham ignore both tweets and PMs on the GSP forum.

Nov 16, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #69 of 71
  The Voyager remains one of my favourite portable amps for a lot of reasons: sound, battery life, power, contour, plastic case. Its dry pithy sound is great for a lot of headphones, but it still has a touch of emotion and play. One of my favourites.

1. Here is my review of the Graham Slee Voyager.

I have had a good read with your review and I've got a question in mind. You noted that balanced amateurs do not sound so good with this amp. Would you say it does not sound good with the Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS? I hope to make my set-up AK240-Graham Slee Voyager-Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS.

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #70 of 71
I've got the Graham slee voyager and it's a beautiful sounding amp with line out from my iPod through a Russ Andrews silver cable, I've just got the colour fly c4 on loan listening to high res tracks through my sennheiser ie 800 in ear phones,I actually prefer the sound of my iPod voyager to the colourfly c4, the colourfly wipes the floor with my iPod straight out the headphone socket but the voyager changes so much, be interesting to see what the new sony high res player coming out in march will sound like through the voyager?

Interesting about the silver cable, i did found the voyager with my fiio x5/se535 flat sounding and if i tried the contour as others have suggested it sounded almost abrasive in the treble with splashy cymbals.

I tried a silver plated copper cable and this worked wonderfully so the voyager (for me) seems to benefit from silver, the sound now is both analogue (vinyl) sounding and has energy - it makes the fiio e12 sound uncouth in comparison (but to be fair - the voyager is rather more expensive).

I wonder if a pure silver cable would be even better?

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #71 of 71
I had a Voyager and Russ Andrews silver cable. I came to the conclusion that I am able to convince myself of anything and sold both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back