Grados with buttons on or off?
Apr 27, 2007 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

ryanhayn

100+ Head-Fier
them circle buttons on the screen - on or off? if you have them off, would you please post pics? i'm thinking of removing my 325i buttons. i don't know if this poll will work, i've never posted one before.

Apr 27, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much could this improve sound? Im looking to get a pair of grados for my birthday, and would like to know the tips and tricks.

leather beyerdynamic headband
hd414 pads
ttvj flats
headphile c-pads

did i miss anything?

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #7 of 22
since they are open phones it could be an important part of the sound chamber, they are finely tuned the way they are, I doubt I would remove them.

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my only worry is the glue that wil be underneath, and now to get this glue off w/o taking the paint with it.

I too would be worried about the paint coming off with the glue. The black paint is rather fragile and chips off relatively easy. I guess you can always repaint the grills if the paint chipped off.

I wanted to take the buttons of my SR-60s (ala MS-1), but it looks like it is epoxied on tight rather than hot glued.
My MS-Pros don't have buttons, so the decision was made for me there.
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #9 of 22
I have the only model of Grado, not an Alessandro, that comes stock without buttons, so I voted "no buttons". I actually prefer them that way too.

Since Grado can't seem to get them centered most of the time, without them being crooked and excess glue oozing out, they should just give up on it and make them “buttonless”.

- augustwest

Apr 27, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #10 of 22
I recall reading impressions in the past that confirm button removal is strictly cosmetic - despite LOOKING like there would be an effect on airflow and sound, most reported that any difference was negligible, if even present.

Apr 27, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #12 of 22
I have an Alessandro (no buttons) but I sometimes wish it did have a button. I think they are sexy and they hide the magnet.

Apr 27, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #13 of 22
I removed the buttons on my 325i. My advice would be to not do it if want to keep the stock black paint on the grille. The glue is a PAIN to get off, and when you do get it off it takes the paint with it. If you're going to spray paint them, as I did, the paint coming off isn't an issue. But getting all that glue off took hours.

Apr 28, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the only model of Grado, not an Alessandro, that comes stock without buttons, so I voted "no buttons". I actually prefer them that way too.

Since Grado can't seem to get them centered most of the time, without them being crooked and excess glue oozing out, they should just give up on it and make them “buttonless”.

- augustwest

but then there wouldent be an easy way to identify them, especially prestige series ish...then again a full over remodel of grado styling would be nicer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back