Grados with buttons on or off?
Apr 28, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #16 of 22
eep!! I just got a horrible idea.

what if someone put the buttons off of higher end grados (225?) and put them on the lower end ones (sr60) and sold them for a profit.

I hope there's no one doing that because to the untrained eye they could look the same.

Apr 28, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what if someone put the buttons off of higher end grados (225?) and put them on the lower end ones (sr60) and sold them for a profit.

I hope there's no one doing that because to the untrained eye they could look the same.

The SR225 has a very different grille than the SR60, so I think it'd be easy to catch.

Apr 28, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #18 of 22
The buttons fell off of my SR60s....
frown.gif

I wish they hadn't.
frown.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Someone ..somewhere is now stroking their chin going..

OH RLY.
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SR225 has a very different grille than the SR60, so I think it'd be easy to catch.

again, to the untrained eye they would look the same. and they might not catch it until it's too late.

also the sr125 uses the same grill as the sr60. the sr225 was just an example, but can be done with any of them (rs-1 and rs-2 are somewhat similar).

Apr 28, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

again, to the untrained eye they would look the same. and they might not catch it until it's too late.

also the sr125 uses the same grill as the sr60. the sr225 was just an example, but can be done with any of them (rs-1 and rs-2 are somewhat similar).

True, the SR60, 80, and 125 look identical except for the buttons and in the case of SR60, the pads.

The RS-1 and RS-2 would be REALLY easy to tell apart because of the square rods and the full circumference metal earcup rings on the RS-1.

Apr 28, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #22 of 22
I think there was a thread about button removal a few years ago... turns out there was no audible difference, despite whatever Grado's marketing copy implies ("increased air flow by 50%" - SR225 metal screen). I'd leave them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back