Grado's new line of IEM: GR10e and the GR8e
Mar 21, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #31 of 55
  To early I am afraid, we have to wait untill somebody in the US did by them, I am not sure they are already avaiable in Europe at this point. 

First post!  I just ordered a pair of the 10e's from Roger @ HiFi Corner in Antwerp. (among other things)  
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #32 of 55
I've been listening to the 10e's now for 3-4 days.

New to this "head Fi" ...so sorry, no comparisons. 

They are tiny ......using the largest buds ....doing the over ear thing.

Sound was tight and restrictive to begin with ...but they continue to open up.

Perhaps not the deepest subterranean bass, but what is there is taught & clean. 

Mids are warm and up front.

Highs are clean & extended....

Playback is "quick".  Not a slow muddy driver.

Initial impressions ... so far quite impressed, I hope they continue to expand.

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #33 of 55
  I've been listening to the 10e's now for 3-4 days.

New to this "head Fi" ...so sorry, no comparisons. 

They are tiny ......using the largest buds ....doing the over ear thing.

Sound was tight and restrictive to begin with ...but they continue to open up.

Perhaps not the deepest subterranean bass, but what is there is taught & clean. 

Mids are warm and up front.

Highs are clean & extended....

Playback is "quick".  Not a slow muddy driver.

Initial impressions ... so far quite impressed, I hope they continue to expand.

Thank you for the impressions!

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #35 of 55
I have a Astell & Kern AK240 DAP and i use Grado PS1000 headphones at home and sound brilliant together. However they are not practical  for going out and about so i've just ordered the GR10E hoping i will get some similar sort of sound but in IEM's. Will i be disappointed ? 

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #36 of 55
I've now been using them for a few days now and there's good detail but no bass, i changed the medium buds for the large ones and it's gave a little more but they are still bass shy. I swopped those buds with some old sony buds and again slightly bit more bass but still not enough. I hope these will improve over time otherwise i'm going to be disappointed. Has anyone else had a similar experience and could changing the buds again with something else improve things ?

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #37 of 55
I'm waiting for my gr10e to get here. Been using a GH-1 but it's not practical for outside. Pretty similar to your case I guess. Hoping the bass does improve, otherwise it'd be a big downer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #39 of 55
Roger. Will update on them once I spend some time with them.
Hope I get them before a trip I planned next week though. It'll be perfect to really see how they sound as I'd be away from everyday distractions 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #40 of 55
Got mine today n sounded bad at first and saying I'm disappointed is an understatement. Since this thread keeps emphasising proper fit, I tried with the bigger tip. Didn't help much.

Then i realised if I pressed it in a bit, it sounds much better. The bass actually appeared. Turns out my problem was the opposite of most here, smaller ear canals. So I changed my tips to the small one and hey! It's wonderful now.

It's as clear as my GH-1 but less bass which is acceptable since it solves my portability issue. Definitely an improvement over the SR-60i I also have. I'm not used to having things stuffed in my ear though LOL. Never liked earbuds and never used IEMs before this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jan 27, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #41 of 55
I think you'll find they get better as time goes on, i've had mine a week now and i found that they have improved. When i now go back to the PS1000 they seem to have a lot more bass and a smoother top end, but that's my brain and ears playing tricks on me adjusting from one to another.

Jul 15, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #43 of 55
  Wear them up. They fit noticeably deeper that way. It's always been my impression that it was intended to be used as such. Straighter shot in as well due to the taper of the case. On the old model I preferred their own tips over anything else I tried. Same tips folks seek out for 1p2s and used by Ortofon. Everyones ears are different but the tend to go deeper and 'lock in' place behind the tragus.

Interresting, I didn't even know I had a ''tragus''. I'm going to give this a try for sure.

By the way, are the 1p2s made of silicon, or foam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back