Grado's new line of IEM: GR10e and the GR8e
Feb 27, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #17 of 55
  The buds shouldn't be considered 'grado sound' as cans and buds are always different. best way to think of it is that they are at least voiced (as much as possible) by the same folks. 

The only iem that sounds closet to the Grado headphone sound (SR225 and below) is their cheapest iem, iGi.  I recall a while back someone claimed the GR10 sounded like the RS1, which blew my mind.  The only thing similar between the two is a smoother and refined transitions from bottom to top, which is what I typically find in general among higher end models.  That doesn't mean they sound remotely the same, however.

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #18 of 55
Got to listen to the GR10e a bit this morning. I hate the standard tips. Event largest size doesn't fit me - too shallow. Once I put on large JVC Spiral Dot tips things got a lot better. Mids are quite good and the highs have a good shimmer to them. Not a bass monster by any means, but more than adequate. More bass than from the Ortofon EQ-5 (closest thing I have to the GR10e).

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #20 of 55
These look pretty amazing. Can't wait for comparisons. I hope that grado might get into the earbud business! haha, they would do great. I feel like dabbing between the styles of in-ear iems and tight and forward grado headphones might be quite a difficult leap for the designers. Please post impressions as soon as you can! :)

Mar 1, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #21 of 55
  Got to listen to the GR10e a bit this morning. I hate the standard tips. Event largest size doesn't fit me - too shallow. Once I put on large JVC Spiral Dot tips things got a lot better. Mids are quite good and the highs have a good shimmer to them. Not a bass monster by any means, but more than adequate. More bass than from the Ortofon EQ-5 (closest thing I have to the GR10e).

This is how I did solve the fitting problem,no more hassle with tips anymore,

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #22 of 55

Wear them up. They fit noticeably deeper that way. It's always been my impression that it was intended to be used as such. Straighter shot in as well due to the taper of the case. On the old model I preferred their own tips over anything else I tried. Same tips folks seek out for 1p2s and used by Ortofon. Everyones ears are different but the tend to go deeper and 'lock in' place behind the tragus.

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #23 of 55
Wear them up. They fit noticeably deeper that way. It's always been my impression that it was intended to be used as such. Straighter shot in as well due to the taper of the case. On the old model I preferred their own tips over anything else I tried. Same tips folks seek out for 1p2s and used by Ortofon. Everyones ears are different but the tend to go deeper and 'lock in' place behind the tragus.

Never did try, but it is clearly visible

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #24 of 55
I was wearing them over ear. I don't wear anything cable-down except the damn IE800. I just have large ear canals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back