Grados in public....
Aug 13, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #31 of 43
Trying to get more business? idk. Still, what a tool.

Aug 13, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #32 of 43
For people who know what Grado are, they would be rather cool. The majority of people would probably look at you rather strange as you walk by. 

I think the wood Grados would be the worst, i can so NO cool factor with wearing these out in public. the 325is on the other hand, they would look rather cool, everyone loves a bit of Metal.

As far as sound leakage goes, it all depends on the place. I would rather not listen to some of the music in my collection on a Bus through open headphones.

Aug 13, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #33 of 43

Quote:
For people who know what Grado are, they would be rather cool. The majority of people would probably look at you rather strange as you walk by. 

I think the wood Grados would be the worst, i can so NO cool factor with wearing these out in public. the 325is on the other hand, they would look rather cool, everyone loves a bit of Metal.

As far as sound leakage goes, it all depends on the place. I would rather not listen to some of the music in my collection on a Bus through open headphones.

I think the wood Grados are beautiful....but what would hold me back from wearing my SR60i's out in public is the huge cord. If they had a 24" cord I think I would use them on the go quite often with my RB'd Clip+.

Aug 13, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #34 of 43
I do wear RS-1s and use the pod. For daily use, I just use the pod. If I have a few days on a remote, I'll bring an amp. You do get looks but if anyone asks, I'll put them on their heads. The majority of comments are "that sounds better than my home stereo".

Now if you wear the K701, expect harassment. I only did it once.

Aug 13, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #35 of 43
I occasionally see something in the SR series out in the world, usually on or near a college campus. I may be guilty of giving these people an odd look accidentally when I notice what they're wearing, and they're usually shocked if I express approval of their headphones in conversation.

I've worn my SR60's out when I want to be able to hear my surroundings and haven't noticed any odd looks or comments, I get far more comments about my brightly colored socks. However, I do not claim to be a very fashionable person in the first place! The sound leakage isn't a problem for me so long as there aren't any persistent, loud sounds in the area, and I don't listen at volumes loud enough for surrounding people to hear.

Aug 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #36 of 43

Quote:

What are you talking about? Wooden grados are absolutely gorgeous. Of course, it would only look good at home, where wooden furniture surrounds it, not black, asphalt roads and gray ,concrete buildings; but I understand where you are getting at. And I wouldn't wear headphones for outside anyways, I'd rather wear IEMs, so I could fit them in my pocket.

Aug 13, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #37 of 43
I agree.  Wooden Grados, especially the RS1, are terrific, though I did once have a Bose guy ask me if these were my "old" headphones.  He didn't know anything about anything.

For my money, the most attractive Grados for walking around are the HF2s.  I think they're awesome.  I've had two pairs of these and sometimes I get a craving for a third.  

Aug 13, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #39 of 43
LOL, if I have no problems wearing my M50's in public, you think I'd have problems with my grados? actually, in your opinion, is it strang to see someone wearing full sized cans like M50's?

Aug 14, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #40 of 43

Acquired Taste? :D 

They just look a bit Vintage but then again im 23.  I think i would only wear my Koss UR-40's out as i have a smallish head.

Quote:

What are you talking about? Wooden grados are absolutely gorgeous. Of course, it would only look good at home, where wooden furniture surrounds it, not black, asphalt roads and gray ,concrete buildings; but I understand where you are getting at. And I wouldn't wear headphones for outside anyways, I'd rather wear IEMs, so I could fit them in my pocket.

Aug 14, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #41 of 43
I hope it's not too strange, I plan on wearing mine after they burn in for a bit. 
L3000.gif

Quote:
LOL, if I have no problems wearing my M50's in public, you think I'd have problems with my grados? actually, in your opinion, is it strang to see someone wearing full sized cans like M50's?

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #43 of 43

Quote:
Are you talking about me or did I miss something?

He replied to a spam post that was removed.

Quote:
Acquired Taste? :D 

They just look a bit Vintage but then again im 23.  I think i would only wear my Koss UR-40's out as i have a smallish head.

Just because you like vintage looking headphones, does not mean you are old
tongue.gif

I'm still stuck in my teen years btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back