grado
Jun 30, 2004 at 11:36 PM Post #16 of 63
The funny thing about a thread like this is you don't know what it sounds like when other people read your post. One person writes "I pronounce it like Grah-doh", and then people read "grah-doh" in about 20 different ways, depending on their accent and dialect
smily_headphones1.gif

Personally, I think Grado rhymes with Playdough. But don't get them mixed up, or you will have squished headphones and ears full of clay.

Jul 1, 2004 at 12:55 AM Post #17 of 63
hows that song go, i say tomato, you say tomato, i say potato, you say potato. you know wats relly embarrasing? me spelling potato wrong. let me go check the proper spelling. and i got it right!

Jul 1, 2004 at 7:33 AM Post #18 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rempert
The funny thing about a thread like this is you don't know what it sounds like when other people read your post. One person writes "I pronounce it like Grah-doh", and then people read "grah-doh" in about 20 different ways, depending on their accent and dialect
smily_headphones1.gif

Personally, I think Grado rhymes with Playdough. But don't get them mixed up, or you will have squished headphones and ears full of clay.

How do you pronounce "playdough"?
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2004 at 7:37 AM Post #19 of 63
Gray Doh?

I have no idea how you can make Grado sound like Gray Doh..where do you get the Gray sound from?

Jul 1, 2004 at 4:40 PM Post #20 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
How do you pronounce "playdough"?
biggrin.gif

I pronounce it in my loudest crow "caw" voice for Pla while waving my ......
biggrin.gif

280smile.gif

Jul 1, 2004 at 4:52 PM Post #21 of 63
I like these threads. They provide me with opportunities to increase my post count and advance further in my quest for Headphoneus Supremus fame and glory. When girls ask me "So, what do you do?", I'll be able to tell them "Oh, you know, I'm Headphoneus Supremus"
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

Oh yeah, I say Gray Doh
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2004 at 5:40 PM Post #22 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Gray Doh?

I have no idea how you can make Grado sound like Gray Doh..where do you get the Gray sound from?

I think it's Gray Doh like the word grade...

I personally say Grah Doh because I think it sounds better.

Jul 2, 2004 at 1:49 AM Post #24 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
When I first called Grado Labs to order the RS-2 headband (so long ago
wink.gif
), John Grado himself answered the phone by saying, "Good morning, Grado Labs." He used a long "A," as if one is pronouncing the letter A - the same "A" used in the word gate or mate. Since Grado is John's last name as well as that of his business, I'm pretty sure he knows how to pronounce it correctly!
biggrin.gif

All the people here who know better than John Grado on how to pronounce his family name and company should call him up and just say so! Who the hell does he think he is, anyway? Mule(which I pronounce M-yule, but others who know better may like mullee or mool).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back