grado
Aug 7, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #46 of 63

Quote:
I would have thought a headphone connoisseur would pronounce it like gr-aahhh-doh, but with the (graaaa) part rolled, like "arriiiiba!"

just kidding by the way, I can't roll my words

Aug 8, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #47 of 63
My mother-in-law is from Rome so maybe I should consult her about this matter. I doubt she would suggest anything with a French emphasis.
Or I can go one step further and visit Sicily....

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #49 of 63
I am Italian, and the correct pronunciation of the italian word "grado" is with an "a" something like "car" in English, no "grey-doh" sound, however since it's a family name, you can just spell it as you please.

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #51 of 63
Ciao Amico

ci sono due pronunce.

Gra-doh e Gray - do

ah eh ee oh oo

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #55 of 63
No we don't. You do. I disagree and will continue to pronounce Grado as "Graydo". You can pronounce it however you wish. 

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #56 of 63

Quote:
No we don't. You do. I disagree and will continue to pronounce Grado as "Graydo". You can pronounce it however you wish. 

I also pronounce it this way.

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #57 of 63
I always used to say Graw-Doe and no one at the fancy music shops I'd buy them from corrected me so I assumed I was right. But I called Grado and an elderly sounding woman answered most definitely Gray-Doe labs. I asked if she was close friends with the family and she said they go years back and then I said how I always pronounced it the other way and she said nope 100% confirmation is it's pronounced Gray-Doe.

I actually prefer saying it how I used to but the authority put the kabash on me. I still love them with as much passion.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #58 of 63
And there I was thinking that it was pronounced "ger-ay-doh".

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #59 of 63
And there I was thinking that it was pronounced "ger-ay-doh".
I didn’t mean to bring up such an old thread just was looking for threads on Grado and this came up and I wanted to share my encounter with the name confusion. My bad.

I see you have a pair of SR325x’s and SR80x’s as well as myself. I’ve been looking for a thread or spot to discuss the differences as I’ve discovered them unfold and see how others hear it…any suggestions?

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #60 of 63
I didn’t mean to bring up such an old thread just was looking for threads on Grado and this came up and I wanted to share my encounter with the name confusion. My bad.

I see you have a pair of SR325x’s and SR80x’s as well as myself. I’ve been looking for a thread or spot to discuss the differences as I’ve discovered them unfold and see how others hear it…any suggestions?
https://www.headfonia.com/grado-sr80x-sr325x-review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back