Grado SR80.
Apr 24, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 19

Quote:
How do you deal with the comfort? I hate the fit

You can either swap it out for different pads, mod them, or make some yourself. I choose the DIY approach and it fits me. 

I've so far DIY'ed pads for the headphones, quartermodded the comfies, put holes in the foam, and stripped the loincloth off the driver housing and it feels like me. So glad I modded my headphones.

May 24, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #8 of 19
Not familiar with iPhone. If it has same ole connector on bottom like iPods you may be able to gain sound quality by going out of it with use of a LOD. I easily noticed an improvement with my ancient 20GB iPod, PA2V2, and iBasso CB05.

Sep 1, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #9 of 19
I still have my SR80s, and loving them.

These headphones can sure boogie! These are very addictive headphones, can't leave them alone :)

My old 1970s Marantz 1040 is driving the SR80s..and doing a good job.

Are the Grado SR225s a good improvement over the SR80s?

Anyway, I want to be careful. Don't want to end up with diminishing returns.

Regards.

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #10 of 19
I recently purchased the Grado sr80 along with a pair of Grado Alessandro MS1 headphones.
The sr80's I purchased on ebay sounded great right out of the box, had already been burned in.

I don't think the Grado Alessandro MS1 have enough hours on them yet because they sound a bit more harsh when compared to the sr80's I have.

I don't know about the sr225 yet.  I did purchase a pair today ... have to share my thoughts once I get to audition them.

I too am looking for info on reasonable priced headphone amp.

Feb 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #11 of 19

Quote:
I recently purchased the Grado sr80 along with a pair of Grado Alessandro MS1 headphones.
The sr80's I purchased on ebay sounded great right out of the box, had already been burned in.

I don't think the Grado Alessandro MS1 have enough hours on them yet because they sound a bit more harsh when compared to the sr80's I have.

I don't know about the sr225 yet.  I did purchase a pair today ... have to share my thoughts once I get to audition them.

I too am looking for info on reasonable priced headphone amp.

I've heard the JDlabs cMoyBB drives Grado's pretty well. I've never listened to them though, so don't take my word for it exclusively.

Here's the link:
http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=cMoyBB203

Feb 2, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #12 of 19
The SR80i are in my opinion the best buy among the Grado line

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #13 of 19
I got the sr60 for 50$ through ebay. Vented and damped the drivers. Nuked the grill too. Now the sound is so open and natural. Punches waaay above their price IMO. Hard to beat that sound at that price.

Feb 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #14 of 19
You say you purchased a Total Bithead Amp and you notice no real difference in sound quality?
Your sr80's sound just as good without the amp?
I have been thinking about getting an Amp myself.  Your opinion appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back