Grado sr60i for guitar playing?
Nov 22, 2010 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nawawa

100+ Head-Fier
Okay so I'm getting these for sure but I would like to know if they're appropriate to be connected to my headphone output on my guitar amp. I wouldn't want to blow these cans cause I'll be using them for home listening too. Any experience or problems from doing this?

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 5
Sure, I do it all the time. Just make sure the volume is not too loud when you smash your first noisy power chord. I turn my volume all the way down then gradually turn it up to the level I want it to be.

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #3 of 5
Agreed.  In general, it's good to have the volume at the lowest setting before plugging in your headphones anyways.

I personally use my Grado for nothing but the guitar.  I do enjoy them, but I like them best with the guitar due to the forward mids.  Though I am considering a crappier headphone--I don't need to hear how poorly I play in high fidelity 
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 5
That sounds great! Means I'll be able to fully utilize the cans for guitar practicing too. I used to use the crappy skullcandy headphones with my amp. These are my first proper cans :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back