Grado Sr60i (ear-cup) vs (padded) ?
Jan 9, 2011 at 11:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

drhoooon

100+ Head-Fier
Hello

I am a proud owner of grado sr60i and I love the sound!

I was looking on amazon however today, and it seemed there are 2 different designs for Sr60i?
I bought the one that said "Grado Sr60i (ear-cup)" but there is also "Grado Sr60i (padded)" design which looks slimmer?

is there a difference in sound of build quality between these two?

I tried searching the forum but couldnt find it =\ sry.

Thanks!

Jan 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
Hello

I am a proud owner of grado sr60i and I love the sound!

I was looking on amazon however today, and it seemed there are 2 different designs for Sr60i?
I bought the one that said "Grado Sr60i (ear-cup)" but there is also "Grado Sr60i (padded)" design which looks slimmer?

is there a difference in sound of build quality between these two?

I tried searching the forum but couldnt find it =\ sry.

Thanks!

Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry 'bout your wallet. 
biggrin.gif

The headphones themselves are the same, its just the pads or cushion that are different. Padded I assume, are the flat pads that sit on your ear (supraaural), while the ear-cup is referring to the bowls that fit over the ear (circumaural). The bowls should create a slightly bigger soundstage (in Grado land, thats not a very big soundstage) and the higher frequencies should be clearer and sparkly. The flats bring out the bass more, and tame the higher frequencies while diminishing the soundstage. 

Jan 9, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #3 of 5
Mine were listed as the padded ones when I got them....it means the big "comfy" pads that sit on the outside of your ears. Very comfy on the ears, and awesome sound.....I still use mine every day almost 2 years later!

Jan 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #4 of 5
After just looking on Amazon, I think the "ear cup" model thats posted, comes with comfies?!? I don't understand that at all. 

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #5 of 5
oh no I think the cushion(?) are the same but the physical driver (?) model seems to be bigger in the "Ear-cup" design

I was searching online and the "padded" one seem to be the original Sr60 not "i" ??? but then again maybe im confused as balls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back