Grado SR325
Sep 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #31 of 34
Has anyone compared how the 325 responds to being ballanced?  I've seen  many mentions of how the k701 and hd650's are like whole new phones when they are ballanced - don't know if there is any actual truth to that or not.  I have ballanced and SE LCD-2's and though the amp outputs may be different I can't say anything about the phones are any different at all.  Any thoughts on the 325?  just trying to determine if it worth reterminating mine.  thanks.

Sep 29, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #32 of 34

Quote:
Has anyone compared how the 325 responds to being ballanced?  I've seen  many mentions of how the k701 and hd650's are like whole new phones when they are ballanced - don't know if there is any actual truth to that or not.  I have ballanced and SE LCD-2's and though the amp outputs may be different I can't say anything about the phones are any different at all.  Any thoughts on the 325?  just trying to determine if it worth reterminating mine.  thanks.

Yeah it's not worth the trouble for these I feel. You get really good separation and great soundstage with those with those two headphones up there, but you're not going to appreciate it it on a headphone with almost no soundstage that puts all it's sound up front and close together like that. Joe/John Grado themselves said not to balance these things haha.

If you want to experiment with reterminating them though, Neutrik XLR's are pretty cheap get the XX series (black, gold plated connectors), it could be some good clean fun for you. I'm just not a fan of running an adapter to plug into other gear with the big ol' bull testicles aha

Nov 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #34 of 34
Also thinking of getting 325, got the sr80 3 months ago and this makes a real difference in music in a way that i can't listen to music without the headphones as before. The trouble is it's not sold in my country and importing is a pain that makes it 3 times the price...so looks like Ill have to stick with the sr80 for a long long while until I travel again to uk or another place that sells it for a rasonable price like the 120 pounds I paid for the sr80. Thanks for the reviews it helped and maybe the sr80 is not so bad compared to sr325 as I see they're quite similar...maybe the L cush will help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back