Grado SR325
Sep 20, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #16 of 34

Quote:
those black 325s are the best headphones ive ever owned. not to mention they're sweet looking. i will never get rid of mine. i like them more than my rs1i and they are a significant leap up from the 60 or 80. please for the love of god get some ttvj flat pads. not enough people use them and it blows my mind. that is the way grados should sound.

Sorry for my ignorance. What do the ttvj pads look like? Where can you buy them?

Regards.

Sep 20, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #17 of 34
Todd the Vinyl Junkie -

https://www.ttvjaudio.com/store/comersus_listCategories.asp

TTVJ Pad

Sennheiser HD 414 yellow pad (yep, they fit Grado)

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #20 of 34
Apparently the older Grados have the pink drivers. 

Quote:
My SR325s came today. Have to say the build is very nice, much better than my SR80s.

I looked at the drivers, I'm seeing pink..not white. Any reason for this?

Regards.

Sep 24, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #21 of 34

The previous owner of my Grado SR325s didn't use them very much. And they need some running in, in my opinion.

I did have a very quick listen to my SR325s...they sound more laid back and less brighter over my SR80s. Anyway, the sound might change later as I run them in.

If I may ask, why do the older Grado's have pink drivers? My SR80 drivers don't look pink.

I'll take some pics of both headphones and post them up soon.

Regards.

Sep 24, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #23 of 34

Quote:

I think it's perceived quite well that the "pink" drivers are supposed to be quite a bit superior than recent offerings.  Plus,  you have the original generation of the SR-325, not the "i", but the one with the black aluminum cups as opposed to gold, brushed silver aluminum or chrome.  I think if you purchased them for a nice price, you might be sitting on a pair of Grados that could be worth some money.  Enjoy them!!

Sep 24, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #25 of 34

Spent more time listening to my Grado SR325s today.

Nice sounding headphones. They don't boogie or have that upbeat sound like my SR80s. But have a more smoother and less bright sound. And maybe nicer midrange.

Regards.

Sep 24, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #26 of 34
Nice pinkies
eek.gif

Please take good care of them and congratulations on the score. Enjoy that little gem.

Sep 28, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #29 of 34
Some update.

These SR325s are nice headphones! The midrange is very good, and the vocals are nice too. That's all I can say really! I'm no audiophile.

Looks like it's true, these old SR325s are more laid back than the later Grado's. I also find them softer and less ''in your face'' compared to the later Grado's.

Regards.

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #30 of 34

Users who are viewing this thread

Back