Grado SR225i versus SR325i - Am I just paying for the Metal???
Oct 25, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #46 of 56
I suppose the solution to all of this: assemble hundreds of each model of headphone, then assemble hundreds of listeners.
Compile.

Report.

Then realize that while meaningful probabilistically, all that matters is the one pair donned by one individual - yielding the entire menagerie a waste.

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #47 of 56

Quote:
I suppose the solution to all of this: assemble hundreds of each model of headphone, then assemble hundreds of listeners.
Compile.

Report.

Then realize that while meaningful probabilistically, all that matters is the one pair donned by one individual - yielding the entire menagerie a waste.

I agree, but I'll also disagree. 
smile_phones.gif
  What I've found is that over time, reading the various reviews here, there are some Head Fi-ers whose ears are more like mine, and some whose ears are less like mine.  So if someone who in the past has come to like a pair of headphones that I also like, has good things to say about a new pair or a pair that I haven't heard, I take notice.  But likewise for the converse too.

Oct 26, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #49 of 56
So. I've got the 225is.

My frame of reference is quite small. I'll post more when I've had more time to figure it out.

But, I can resolutely say they sound amazing with respect to my MDR-V6s.

Oct 27, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #51 of 56
I am. But, after about 10 hrs of listening and doing some thinking. I realized that if for no reason other than durability and longevity, the 325s would probably last me a lot longer. I ended up sending them back in favor of the 325s. I felt like the 225s were a tad light on the bass. From what I have read, the 325s should cure that. Also, I want them to last forever and I feel like the metal cups will better accomplish that. I know it's more money, but if they last longer, then that seems like a worthwhile investment.

I'll post my thoughts once I get em.

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #52 of 56
they are a bit bass light.. You should have given them some time to "burn-in" although most people don't buy into that.. I feel like hte 225i's do open up some more. But, I'll eagerly wait to hear your impressions of the 325i.

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #53 of 56
An amp will help with the 325i's. A full sized amp.

Nov 2, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #54 of 56
WOW.
I got my 325s today, they sound INCREDIBLE!

I really cannot post beyond that because it's only been a few hours.

I really see their one shortcoming though: my lower quality mp3s sound like utter garbage!

I'll post some more as I become more aware of it.

Nov 3, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #55 of 56
Hope you enjoy them. My RS2's haven't been getting enough ear time lately......

Nov 3, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #56 of 56
I love them. It's funny, I listened to more music yesterday than I have in a very long time. I guess that's less funny, more great. But I'm a college student with a bit of the audiophile bug. Back home, I would go junking, etc and find decent gear on the cheap and fix it up, sell what I didn't want and in the end, ended up with a phenomenal set up. Unfortunately, I don't have that while I'm away at school, this comes really, really close to my set up back home.

Thanks for the help and advice guys!
Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back