Grado SR225 Problem
Jun 12, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 4
It could be a problem with your connection - or, a wire issue.  When you use a different source to listen to music with, does the static still exist?  If you haven't tried another source - receiver, amp, player, etc. - it might be worth taking a few moments to try it out.  If you've tried another player and the static is still there, then what happens if you fiddle with the connection while listening?  Does the static get worse, or does it go away?   If so, the problem could be in the connector.  If you've tried these options, then there's a possibility it is with the drivers themselves.  Any chance they've received a heavy blast of power?  Something like that could damage the coils.

If you need service, Grado still performs service on out-of-warranty headphones.  For people in the U.S., they charge about $30 to replace the cable.  The charge to replace both the cable and the drivers is $45.00 and those prices include free shipping on Grado to get the headphones back to you.  The whole process from when you send them out until you get them back from Grado takes about 3 weeks.  I recently went through this process and they were great to work with.

Jun 12, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the quick replies!! =)
I've had this problem for a few months now. Couldn't believe it could be such an easy fix, I followed the instruction and now I can enjoy these cans once again.
I'm glad Grado has such an excellent warranty but I'm happy I don't need it.
My spare headphones are the Sennheiser HD 205 which are okay but only as a temporary replacement.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back