Grado SR125: Makes my ears bleed!!
Feb 26, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #61 of 81
No worries. the 414 pads are only 5$
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #62 of 81
Hey guys another update. tomorrow I buy the 414 pads and I will post my impressions.

Also BIG NEWS!! FLASH!! LOL

I bought or financed through a friend (because I am broke like a plywood tile) a pair of Sen HD-650!!
L3000.gif
I bought them from a great guy here Boomy

I think of it that way: if i pay a bit more than the Grados I will get comfort and good quality and it will last 3 years, so say 100$ a year for me.

I will also give you a comparative once I receive them.

I am more impulsive than I tought...damn you Head-Fiiiii!!

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #63 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigress /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys another update. tomorrow I buy the 414 pads and I will post my impressions.

I bought or financed through a friend (because I am broke like a plywood tile) a pair of Sen HD-650!!
L3000.gif

I think of it that way: if i pay a bit more than the Grados I will get comfort and good quality and it will last 3 years, so say 100$ a year for me.

Try them out and tell us how they compare against the Grados. Do you have an amplifier?

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #64 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try them out and tell us how they compare against the Grados. Do you have an amplifier?

Since I make music I have an 1616m audio interface with headphone amp built in.

Is that good enough?
confused_face.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #65 of 81
Quote:

Since I make music I have an 1616m audio interface with headphone amp built in.

Is that good enough?
confused_face.gif

I've never heard of it, but I know the Senns need power.

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #67 of 81
Quote:

L3000.gif

This is quite a turnaround from the posts on the first page. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Head-Fi is a very very treacherous place. Enjoy your awesome new cans though
icon10.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #68 of 81
Tigress, sorry for your wallet. I recommend you STOP reading posts about head-fi... Every day I have upgraditis
biggrin.gif
And I have to be strong not to finish buying anything...
biggrin.gif

Hope you get used to both headphones, and careful with hd650, hope they don't make you bleed again...
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #69 of 81
looooll...

thanks you for the encouragements all!
smily_headphones1.gif

now I know why you are all broke all the time..lol..this website has a mind of his own inviting you to buy and upgare more and more.

I sometime sleep at 4 in the morning because I cannot sleep before I read "just one more" review. headphone have become my new shoes
biggrin.gif

For the specs on the Delta1616m audio interface headphone amp:

Quote:

HEADPHONE AMP Linear power amplifier
D/A Converter: CS4398
Gain Range: 85 dB
Maximum Output Power: 50 mW
Output Impedance: 22 ohms
Frequency Response: (20Hz - 20kHz): +0.0/-0.07 dB
Dynamic Range: (A-weighted): 118.5 dB
Signal-To-Noise Ratio: (A-weighted): 118 dB
THD+N: (1kHz, max. gain, 600 ohm load): -96 dB (0.0015%)
Stereo Crosstalk: (1kHz at -1dBFS, 600 ohm load): < -100 dB

Does that sound good or I do need another piece of hardware?...please say no
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #70 of 81
You'll probably want external DAC also.

I recommend getting a headphone AMP + DAC combo.

I know how you feel, was kinda in the same boat as you just a month ago.
smily_headphones1.gif

Was thinking about just buying a $200 headphones and ending up buying a $300 headphones and now planning to buy an $300-ish DAC/AMP.
smily_headphones1.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #71 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtraNice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'll probably want external DAC also.

I recommend getting a headphone AMP + DAC combo.

I know how you feel, was kinda in the same boat as you just a month ago.
smily_headphones1.gif

Was thinking about just buying a $200 headphones and ending up buying a $300 headphones and now planning to buy an $300-ish DAC/AMP.
smily_headphones1.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

the D/A Converter CS4398 is no good?
frown.gif

I will try it anyway before thinking of buying new ones. I am not sure my source of financing would agree with another crazy bying decision!

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #73 of 81
Quote:

L3000.gif

High quality impulse buys FTW! lol, that was a big jump. I think it's a good investment and a good choice for a music major.
beerchug.gif

You got good DAC, all you need is a punchy amp and all that Grado pain will be a thing of the past.

Feb 27, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #74 of 81
Wow, nice to see girls on Headfi! You guys are so rare... I have my SR80 upgraded with Headphile's C-Pads and comfort level is improved a lot as it is now circumaural (over the ears). The SR80 sounds less bright, bass is improved, and midrange has more warmth. I prefer the sound of the upgraded SR80 to my HD580. However, comfort and ergonomics still go to the HD580. I think it is a very good upgrade for Grado users (but pricey). However, it takes really long to get the pads as they are handmade (2 months!). If someone mass produces quality circumaural Grado pad upgrades, he/she will be rich!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #75 of 81
I did the 414 mod. What I can say for right now is that I am not pretty happy with the results. It muffled the sound and it seems all over the place.

I will go to sleep now and post more tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back