Grado SR-80i Earpad alternatives?
Sep 19, 2011 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

redkop

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

First post to a great site :)

What I wanted to know was if anyone knows any alternative pads to use with the Grado SR-80i ?

I really love the sound, but the pads it comes with are not to my liking so any advice would be great.

Cheers Guys

Sep 19, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 16
The stock S-cush are the most comfortable

There are the L-cush which some people like. Some hate with a burning passion

G-cush are the largest and second most comfortable.

Then there are the HD414 pads which collect hair and carry a weird smell

I've tried all four and like the S-cush that came stock.

Try unbending the headband to adjust the pressure on your head. This is one of the largest comfort changes.

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #5 of 16
Excellent - and thanks for all comments

Sep 20, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #6 of 16
TTVJ flats- Do they work on the 80s?

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #8 of 16
I like the yellow Senn HD 414 pads.  The smell goes away after a little bit, they sound a bit better IMO than stock Grado comfies (more clarity), they are more comfortable than the Grado comfies, and FAR more comfortable than the Grado bowls.  They will collect long straight hair though (no problems with short and curly). 

Sep 22, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
Hi all,

First post to a great site :)

What I wanted to know was if anyone knows any alternative pads to use with the Grado SR-80i ?

I really love the sound, but the pads it comes with are not to my liking so any advice would be great.

Cheers Guys

Heya,

L-cush all the way. I found them to have the best sound and feel good. The G-cush feel better, but they ruin the sound in my experience with every Grado from the 325 down. It becomes a tizzy mess of treble with anemic bass on the G-cush pads. But the L-cush pads let you hear a great experience with Grado.

Very best,

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #11 of 16
I'm confused on telling the difference between the G and L-pads.  Which one are these?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0155XZLUU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A2OPUAQVSPCTA3

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #14 of 16

Those look like L cups, also called "bowls".

Thank you!  Anyone willing to double confirm?

I would buy the grado replacement ear pads as they are better quality for around the same price. The Grado pads have three different densities of foam that give the Grado's that great sound. The knock off pads absorb frequencies you are meant to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back