Grado Saucer Protectors
Jun 24, 2010 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bilavideo

Caution: Incomplete trades.
I have a Grado PS1000, which works best when properly amped.  But by switching to bowls (instead of jumbos), the HF is attenuated and the bass is captured, enough that the headphone sounds like it's being amped.  It sounds good enough to go with me wherever I should go.

But I'd hate it if I scratched up the anodized aluminum shells.

So, I'm looking to build a bra, so to speak, something to cover the aluminum mushroom-top disks so they don't get scratched by casual contact.  The headphones came with rubber bands that wrapped around the sides, but I'm going to want more than a pair of rubber bands for this.

Any cool ideas?  I don't see this as a typical DIY project, just a very light mod/accessory to protect my investment.

Jun 24, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 4
Interesting idea.  I considered something like it early on.  One thing I want to avoid is anything sticky that will get stuck on my metal disks.  I've been thinking of something like a scrunchy or something rubber that stretches over it (no jokes, please).  There are rubber protectors that fit over iPods.  I'm thinking of finding something circular that will fit the area of the dishes (and then cut out a hole for it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back