Grado RS2 Redesign?
Sep 6, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #301 of 353
Sep 6, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #302 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortalcoil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well at least someone is showing the "new" design.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...amic_Open.html

It's a start I suppose. Depressing that other sellers are getting pictures up before the official Grado website does.

At any rate, the expression on the 'dummy' face says it all:

479046.jpg

Yep, that's about how I would feel if I just dropped $495 on these phones...

Sep 6, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #303 of 353
Nice picture...the color seems to be more the honey color.

I wonder if the people disappointed in the new look will starting modding them them to make them look like the old ones. You know...glue a piece of wood to the grills with "RS-2" etched into them.

Sep 6, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #304 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if the people disappointed in the new look will starting modding them them to make them look like the old ones. You know...glue a piece of wood to the grills with "RS-2" etched into them.

Doubtful. It would be much easier to just buy a used 'classic' version in the first place and be done with it. Plus without a ton of work and sanding/refinishing and freehand 'wood burning' by a highly skilled woodworker, there will not be any simple mod to get rid of the new crappy looking fronts and replace them with the nice bold classic fonts. Luckily for now there are plenty of the classics out there that one can acquire, but once that well dries up... *sigh*

Sep 6, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #305 of 353
I'm going to withhold my judgment until I see one in person. I actually like the clean look because it rids the headphone of the mismatching colors. Makes it more consistent. Can't wait until more get out there so we can see if the QC issue was related to just one pair or if they're consistently bad.

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #307 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing is absolutely certain though, your avatar would not look anywhere near as cool if you used the re-designed RS-2 instead of the 'classic' design. Even you can't deny that.

very_evil_smiley.gif

That's a good point. I would have no pupils. We should ask Grado why they got rid of the pupils.

Sep 6, 2007 at 9:06 AM Post #308 of 353
compared to the older RS-1, 2 months ago i've heard that one.
well, i've got these new RS-1, 2 days so needs burn in.

stones - exile on main str
at the moment, the voices are too upfront instead of the rest. bass-tones are fading very quick. emphasis on middle tones. harsh sounding. narrow stage
it also can't handle other AAD-cd's. which the HE60 can do brilliantly

radiohead - bends
better match. not only the voice but the other instruments shine too also. guitars are sounding better, that raw guitar sound
still missing that slam/bass

paul simon - concert at the park
RS-1 loves this album. it makes me smile.
midrange good but also too much treble, no bass.
yep, the RS-1 hasn't got the refinement of the HE60 but the fun factor is there.!!

other cd's; the RS-1 still has got too much treble, less bass.
but it feels the midrange is more detailled than the older RS-1.
it's very picky which albums you want to listen. when it's of lesser quality or older (AAD) your ears will be punished with too much harshness.
but these need burn in.

Sep 6, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #309 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by 19lexicon78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
compared to the older RS-1, 2 months ago i've heard that one.
well, i've got these new RS-1, 2 days so needs burn in.

stones - exile on main str
at the moment, the voices are too upfront instead of the rest. bass-tones are fading very quick. emphasis on middle tones. harsh sounding. narrow stage
it also can't handle other AAD-cd's. which the HE60 can do brilliantly

radiohead - bends
better match. not only the voice but the other instruments shine too also. guitars are sounding better, that raw guitar sound
still missing that slam/bass

paul simon - concert at the park
RS-1 loves this album. it makes me smile.
midrange good but also too much treble, no bass.
yep, the RS-1 hasn't got the refinement of the HE60 but the fun factor is there.!!

other cd's; the RS-1 still has got too much treble, less bass.
but it feels the midrange is more detailled than the older RS-1.
it's very picky which albums you want to listen. when it's of lesser quality or older (AAD) your ears will be punished with too much harshness.
but these need burn in.

i guess the diaphrams are still stiff?? since its kinda new
rs1smile.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #310 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to withhold my judgment until I see one in person. I actually like the clean look because it rids the headphone of the mismatching colors. Makes it more consistent. Can't wait until more get out there so we can see if the QC issue was related to just one pair or if they're consistently bad.

I just got my new pair of new styled RS-1's today. I just opened the box and they look to be crafted very well. I specifically asked for a flawless cosmetic pair when I orderd though. So they must have hand picked it out for me I would assume. I think they don't look bad after all (when they are done right). The lettering engraving is deep, neat and clear. The "G" in Grado looks like a "G". The black paint to fill in the letters is inside the letters and none is speckled on the outer wood finish. No chips nor imperfections in the round wood housings anywhere that I can see. So all in all, not bad folks. Color of the stained wood is nice shade of tan or brown too. I am not disappointed in the looks. Now to break them in...

Sep 6, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #312 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by Varma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you please post some pics and where did you buy them?

I'll have to take pictures of them when I get the chance. But then I don't know how to show them on this forum. Is there a place I can submit the pictures when I take the pics?

I bought them from Headroom for $635 shipped brand new.
rs1smile.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #313 of 353
I am also not very familar about how to post the pictures. But the guys who know how to do that can probably help you. So the earlier grados posted in this thread are not well made then.

Sep 7, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #315 of 353
Okay I tried to take some pictures of my new style RS1 headphones. Here they are. I showed them with my other favrorite high-end headphones too that I will be comparing them with (when they have been burned-in). What's the recommended burn-in for RS-1 headphones anyway? If someone can answer me this to save me a bunch of searching.

Update: Oh my gosh! I did'nt know that they would come out so small! Dang. I guess I will have to retry to post them.
Update2: Wait! If you click on each thumbnail, it will take you to the larger picture! Just click on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back