Grado PS500 are better than the Beyer T1's
Feb 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ematthews

100+ Head-Fier
As the title says the Grado's are better.. I have had both now for a few weeks and listened to them on a few different amps and source material.. I thought the Beyer's were going to e it for me but the Grado's are just more full, have a bigger sound and just hit hard in the bass. Guitars of course are just insane as well.. Comfort wise the Beyer's hit the mark. The Grado's get hot and itchy to me... I can't believe it.. Just thought the Beyer would be tops...

Feb 16, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 13
Interesting.....I still haven't heard the T1s personally, but from all of the impressions, I thought they'd be my holy grail as well.....now there's another contender in the ring....

Thanks for posting your thoughts!

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:
As the title says the Grado's are better.. I have had both now for a few weeks and listened to them on a few different amps and source material.. I thought the Beyer's were going to e it for me but the Grado's are just more full, have a bigger sound and just hit hard in the bass. Guitars of course are just insane as well.. Comfort wise the Beyer's hit the mark. The Grado's get hot and itchy to me... I can't believe it.. Just thought the Beyer would be tops...

I'm glad you like your PS500, i have lived with the them for about two weeks, and i have found that they have a very smooth and forgiving, but still detailed sound, wich allowed me to get ''lost'' in the music. I have heard much more expensive headphones that don't have the sence of immersion that the PS500 provides.

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 13
I love the PS500s. So much that I'm having them recabled with the Whiplash New TWag v3 and TWcu v3 Hybrid.

I'll post pics as soon as I get them back.

I think these could be it for me. But I do love my HE500s too.

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 13
I still stand by the opinion that the RS-1's are still one of the best headphones in the world even though they've been around ever and it defies all logic.

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #7 of 13
I have tried the JDSLabs o2 amp. Bellari HA540 and my Marantz pm 8004. Will I have to spend another grand and get the Soloist amp for the T1 to sound it's best?

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #8 of 13
Regarding the RS-1's, I was actually contemplating selling the PS500 to get those.

I guess I'll have to decide how the sound is with the rewire first.

Anyone ever compare these Grado's vs HD800's?

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #9 of 13
Technically the T1s are far superior to the PS500s (or RS-1s or PS1000s for that matter). But that said, we all come to the table with different preferences and priorities, so we can prefer any headphone over any other. 

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #10 of 13
Technically the T1s are far superior to the PS500s (or RS-1s or PS1000s for that matter). But that said, we all come to the table with different preferences and priorities, so we can prefer any headphone over any other. 

Yeah it's odd that I still like them even though I own gear that surpasses them almost objectively. They're just fun..

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:
Yeah it's odd that I still like them even though I own gear that surpasses them almost objectively. They're just fun..

Exactly how I feel.  I upgraded from being a Grado fan to owning the LCD-2.2.  I love everything about the LCD-2.2, but I do love to switch it up with my PS500 every once in a while. 
Sometimes when I listen to the LCD-2.2 I feel so laid back I get consumed by the darkness and fall asleep after listening to them for several hours. 

Apr 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #13 of 13
Because you can't sacrifice the sound you like for technical proficiency.

I was completely unenthused with the T1 and high-end orthodynamics simply because I couldn't get into their sound. They were technically very impressive but sometimes technical qualities aren't the end-all and be-all of what you'll end up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back