GRADO PS2000e MINI REVIEW........
Apr 12, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #301 of 339
Fantastic! Thank you for your response. Going down the rabbit hole...
Its deep. I have my GS3000e in the shop; got some rare play money and using the Maze Empyreans, trying some upscale stuff I could never afford before. But Schiit always did me proud. The Woo and Schiit and synergistic with Grado, but different qualities. Thankfully, these are an easy load.....have fun!

Apr 12, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #302 of 339
Hi all. Long time lurking, first time posting. Can you please recommend an amplifier for my new PS2000e? Looking at maybe getting both a SS and a tube one. Looking at the iFi micro Signature and the Auris Euterpe for flexibility (could use the iFi as a DAC for the Euterpe too). Would you say this would be a good option? Thanks!
I got good synergy with the fluxlab FA-12.

Apr 13, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #303 of 339
Its deep. I have my GS3000e in the shop; got some rare play money and using the Maze Empyreans, trying some upscale stuff I could never afford before. But Schiit always did me proud. The Woo and Schiit and synergistic with Grado, but different qualities. Thankfully, these are an easy load.....have fun!
Appreciate your thoughts. Definitely a deep one. Looking at the WA7 Fireflies and WA8 Eclipse (for an around the house solution) and they look stunning. I would like to consider Aesthetics too, hence the Euterpe.

Apr 13, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #305 of 339
Hi all. Long time lurking, first time posting. Can you please recommend an amplifier for my new PS2000e? Looking at maybe getting both a SS and a tube one. Looking at the iFi micro Signature and the Auris Euterpe for flexibility (could use the iFi as a DAC for the Euterpe too). Would you say this would be a good option? Thanks!
I have the Chord Dave but I suggest the Chord Hugo TT2.

Apr 13, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #307 of 339
I've definitely like to get the Hugo but that's way out of my budget. Thanks though, maybe something to aim for as endgame.
For those who are interested in HTT2's power output out of SE and BAL, Rob has calculated and shared the following table:

The TT2 measurements in pure DAC mode are pretty much the same as Hugo 2; and the fundamental limitations are the 10e elements on the pulse array, and a much more complex and sophisticated analogue section with Dave. So with Dave the DAC distortion is about 30 times lower...

But where TT2 really comes into it's own is raw power; you have the capability of 18W RMS using the balanced XLR, and 7W RMS single ended (SE). What's interesting about this is that when the power goes up, the measurements stay the same - no degradation as the load is increased. And you can drop the load impedance, and the linearity is unaffected, and this is absolutely crucial for driving tough loads. This project has proven very interesting, as there has been a lot of cross-fertilisation from the prototypes of the power pulse array project (which promises huge powers); indeed, the TT2 OP stage comes from the power pulse array design.

1617269980111.png

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #308 of 339
Part 2 of my newly purchased PS2000e story, which is now got even worse...

2 days ago the "AddictedToAudio" dealer received the defected original PS2000e headphones I sent back (the ones I purchased initially). This was the dealer's requirement before they send me a replacement pair. So, they received it and before sending me a new replacement pair, the dealer emailed me 3 photos of the headphones they were going to send so that I can view it and agree for the look of ear-cups and that this time there is no any distortion color defects on the metal part, etc. And this part is the most frustrating and just very weird in general as the Ps2000e headphones they were going to send me as a replacement have the same color distortion issue on one of the ear-cups.
This is the photos of that "potential" replacement (outlined it in green):

The question is: why on Earth were they going to send me the replacement for the PS2000e with the same issue as the original ???

Now I asked for refund but they do not respond and keep silence. Tomorrow going to contact the Grado family...
If you have that problem with stains I sugest you use a Chrome polishing cream, like the one used for cars, some non abrasive towels, you spread a very light spill of polishing cream on the towel and gently rub the stained parts (be carefull not to spread on the headphones) and then remove gently with a "peau de chamois" as we call it in french (deer skin ?). That resulted in bringing mine (bought as second hand for a very good price :) in almost good as new condition ! See the pics below ... by the way those headphones are top class sounding, very addictive, luvely, precise and punchy sound and so good looking to my taste ! Love them !
20221217_122554.jpg
20221217_194028.jpg

This is how they looked originally when I bought them !

IMG-20221208-WA0016.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #309 of 339
If you have that problem with stains I sugest you use a Chrome polishing cream, like the one used for cars, some non abrasive towels, you spread a very light spill of polishing cream on the towel and gently rub the stained parts (be carefull not to spread on the headphones) and then remove gently with a "peau de chamois" as we call it in french (deer skin ?). That resulted in bringing mine (bought as second hand for a very good price :) in almost good as new condition ! See the pics below ... by the way those headphones are top class sounding, very addictive, luvely, precise and punchy sound and so good looking to my taste ! Love them !

This is how they looked originally when I bought them !

The best solution I have found to be Formula 11 car coat gently done with the very soft microfiber clothes they include in the kit. Does a great job for lots of things, eyeglasses, watches, etc.

Gently apply and buff softly, do not scrub at the sharp edges, they need very little buffing at that spot, you don’t want to wear away any color at those sharp edges.

Attachments

• 52072B79-00CE-45DE-8534-AD4AD9BE78BD.jpeg
    52072B79-00CE-45DE-8534-AD4AD9BE78BD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 18, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #310 of 339
I always felt the PS1000e was vastly superior to the PS2000e. The latter headphone just seems to have lost that lush Grado magic with it's perfect timbre and intimate stage. It's almost like the PS2000e shot for the HD800's soundstage, missed it, and lost itself in the process.
That is the great part of our hobby (addiction), we all need to please ourselves and what we find most to our liking.

I loved my PS1000 & then the PS1000e a little less so. In my listening I have decided that to me the PS2000e is the best sounding headphone out of Grado Labs. Although not fussy they do upscale very nicely and a well mated amp as always being the final key. I love my Joseph Grado Signature HP1000/HP2 with the wonderfully matched Melos SHA-1 and they very neutral.

We can all be masters of our own fate at this end of the spectrum.

Enjoy!!

Attachments

• B949109A-D516-418A-9050-BB2862A5D628.jpeg
    B949109A-D516-418A-9050-BB2862A5D628.jpeg
    591.8 KB · Views: 0
Mar 15, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #311 of 339
I would like to reterminate a (single ended) Grado Ps2000e from 1/4 to 4 pin XLR.
I found a picture on the web.
I do not know yet if Grado headphone cables have 3 or 4 wires.

Unfortunately, Shipido (Polen) does not offer the recabling service anymore. I do not want to send my Grado's outside the EU because of the import duties policy. I guess, I will have to try to do the recabling on my own. It seems the retermination process seems to be more convenient then performing the earcop modding.

Attachments

• FiiO_25_to_355_balanced_to_SE_output.jpg
    FiiO_25_to_355_balanced_to_SE_output.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #312 of 339
The Grado PS2000e synergry with TT2 is good? I was thinking about these cans in the past. Also someone can tell synergy of D8000 Final with TT2? I have D8000 and Anni/Qutest stack and i have option upgrade on TT2 for 3600 USD.

Mar 15, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #313 of 339
I would like to reterminate a (single ended) Grado Ps2000e from 1/4 to 4 pin XLR.
I found a picture on the web.
I do not know yet if Grado headphone cables have 3 or 4 wires.

Unfortunately, Shipido (Polen) does not offer the recabling service anymore. I do not want to send my Grado's outside the EU because of the import duties policy. I guess, I will have to try to do the recabling on my own. It seems the retermination process seems to be more convenient then performing the earcop modding.
It has 12 conductors, 6 per channel. You can just replace the connector, it’s somewhat straightforward if you have a soldering iron.

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #314 of 339
It has 12 conductors, 6 per channel. You can just replace the connector, it’s somewhat straightforward if you have a soldering iron.
Indeed, a lot of conductors. 3 red, 3 white, and 6 blue

1678898214491.png

Attachments

• 20230315_172249.jpg
    20230315_172249.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back