GRADO PS2000e MINI REVIEW........
Jan 13, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #286 of 339
Yes. There are 2 versions. 1/4 Inch and 4 Pin XLR.
I was totally kidding.
You don't have to buy a new headphone, at all.
You can send yours into Grado or anyone else to be terminated to XLR or do it yourself.
I've done every Grado I own myself or have owned because I run a fully balanced system with the exception of my 325is because I use that with my Schiit stack at my desk which is 1/4".

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #287 of 339
I was totally kidding.
You don't have to buy a new headphone, at all.
You can send yours into Grado or anyone else to be terminated to XLR or do it yourself.
I've done every Grado I own myself or have owned because I run a fully balanced system with the exception of my 325is because I use that with my Schiit stack at my desk which is 1/4".
Nice. Lemme ship my 3k flagship headphone over the ocean so in brooklyn they can change the one attached cable to another so after a month and 200-300 € in total i'll get it back and now can't use it anymore with a DAP or a 1/4 system.

Or make it yourself so after a year when the whole headphone falls aparts and you need a driver repair they tell you nah no warranty because you changed the cable yourself.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #288 of 339
I sent my PS1000e in last year to Grado for just that - a cable with XLR.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #289 of 339
Nice. Lemme ship my 3k flagship headphone over the ocean so in brooklyn they can change the one attached cable to another so after a month and 200-300 € in total i'll get it back and now can't use it anymore with a DAP or a 1/4 system.

Or make it yourself so after a year when the whole headphone falls aparts and you need a driver repair they tell you nah no warranty because you changed the cable yourself.

No one says you have to do it, only that if you want to, it's possible. Grado also included an adaptor (with mine) to take the xlr back to 1/4 inch as well for whenever you'd need it.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #290 of 339
No one says you have to do it, only that if you want to, it's possible. Grado also included an adaptor (with mine) to take the xlr back to 1/4 inch as well for whenever you'd need it.
Yes so you have an attached cable with the official purpose to minimize the soundloss because of the lack of connectors and you plug that into an adaptor. So overall i find this attached cable makes absolutely no sense. Thats what i want to say.

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #291 of 339

Neither of this is true and I was under the impression you wanted to change the termination, so I was trying to help you, so stop posting BS.
Also, have you ever heard of an adapter? Done.

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #292 of 339

You don’t need to replace the cable, you just need to re-terminate it, if you know how to solder it’s very straightforward. I had to change the connector on my PS2000e because the original one failed, I replaced it with a 4 pin XLR and it has been working fine for a couple years.

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #293 of 339
Neither of this is true and I was under the impression you wanted to change the termination, so I was trying to help you, so stop posting BS.
Also, have you ever heard of an adapter? Done.
Everything is true. You don't get it with the adapter. It makes no sense with the Grado.

But lets stop here this won't add value. Like i said headphone sounds good but cable is crappy imo.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #294 of 339
New to this thread but not headfi.

I'm on my 3rd set of Grados, with the last (GH2) on my ears ATM. Question: Those who have changed Grados to be balanced, is there a noticeable difference. By "noticeable" I mean worth the $$$ and time to ship to Brooklyn.

Bill

Jan 13, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #295 of 339
New to this thread but not headfi.

I'm on my 3rd set of Grados, with the last (GH2) on my ears ATM. Question: Those who have changed Grados to be balanced, is there a noticeable difference. By "noticeable" I mean worth the $$$ and time to ship to Brooklyn.

Bill
It depends what amp you are trying to use. The WA6-SE that is single ended makes them sing very nicely. A nice single ended amp should be enough, but if you amp is balanced then you will need to make them balanced.

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #296 of 339
Thanks for the reply.

Funny, but I had the WA7 fireflies which was great. But, desktop. I needed portable. So after a Fiio or two I "settled" on the HiBy R6. I did tube rolling with an Aune and got all I needed to know about SQ. So, the R6 is doing a great job. I have the R6 2020 on order. With the R6 and IEM's I needed an atennuator (sp?) to make sensitive IEM's sound good. I'm currently listening on Grado GH2. I also have 2 ZMF cans along with Noble and Orivetti IEMs. TMI.

Bill

Jan 16, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #297 of 339
Yes, my Golden Strada #309 is really impressive for the sound but not so much for the look. When I first received it, thought "ummm meh, it looks thin compared to my other "Furutech FP-S55N" one, which was my best reference power cable. But ones attached Oyaide platinum and palladium-plated connectors (bought it in bulk 2 meters), the sound became very enjoyable and addictive to my ears. Since then never back to my other power cables including the Furutech one. It exactly reflects the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover". The "Golden Strada #309" is a real underestimated hidden treasure with amazing sonic qualities, the Japanese know how to make good power cables for hi-end audio.
Hi, i am bout to pull the trigger on the nanotec 309 becoz i have the 308. Just wanna ask what other power cords do you have other than the furutech 55n?

Apr 12, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #298 of 339
Hi all. Long time lurking, first time posting. Can you please recommend an amplifier for my new PS2000e? Looking at maybe getting both a SS and a tube one. Looking at the iFi micro Signature and the Auris Euterpe for flexibility (could use the iFi as a DAC for the Euterpe too). Would you say this would be a good option? Thanks!

Apr 12, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #299 of 339
Hi all. Long time lurking, first time posting. Can you please recommend an amplifier for my new PS2000e? Looking at maybe getting both a SS and a tube one. Looking at the iFi micro Signature and the Auris Euterpe for flexibility (could use the iFi as a DAC for the Euterpe too). Would you say this would be a good option? Thanks!
Nice choices. Take a look at Woo Audio. Absolutely top flight. Several to pick from, all good. Grado-endorsed. Schiit is always great bang for buck....Schiit has a hater's club, but they're really ingeniously engineered with SS and tube and hybrid options. But Auris are beautiful, the PS2Ke are easy to drive. iFi are fine. Also, take a look at Holo Audio, esp the Azure. Kitsune Audio distributes and mods them. They're becoming minor legends.

Apr 12, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #300 of 339
Nice choices. Take a look at Woo Audio. Absolutely top flight. Several to pick from, all good. Grado-endorsed. Schiit is always great bang for buck....Schiit has a hater's club, but they're really ingeniously engineered with SS and tube and hybrid options. But Auris are beautiful, the PS2Ke are easy to drive. iFi are fine. Also, take a look at Holo Audio, esp the Azure. Kitsune Audio distributes and mods them. They're becoming minor legends.
Fantastic! Thank you for your response. Going down the rabbit hole...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back